• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Academy...THOUGHTS????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta Connection Academy what do you rate it?

• Good

Votes: 45 14.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 207 67.6%
  • Average

Votes: 54 17.6%

• Total voters
Go to a DCA college campus, the rates are cheeper, you can get a degree and best of all apply for scholarship $$$. There are a few who learn to fly on scholarship cash! I was one. Now i fly a jet i am on first year pay but no loans, why? How? Scholarships baby avail at your local college.
Word to the wise dont go to DCA if you do not plan on devoting 8 hours a day as a student and 12 a day as a CFI 6 days a week. And if you want the scholarships you need to workharder than that! Its all about what you put into it...

I went to DCA and finished with my MEI after instructing for only about 100 hours. I left early getting an FO Freight Dog job to which I'm still doing. I'd rather be building up turbine multi than....ooh a 172 flight (again) wow! Overall it was a good program however I will be in debt for quite a while. I mean we all became pilots for the pay right..........................cough.

jws717 said:
Go to a DCA college campus, the rates are cheeper, you can get a degree and best of all apply for scholarship $$$. There are a few who learn to fly on scholarship cash! I was one. Now i fly a jet i am on first year pay but no loans, why? How? Scholarships baby avail at your local college.
Word to the wise dont go to DCA if you do not plan on devoting 8 hours a day as a student and 12 a day as a CFI 6 days a week. And if you want the scholarships you need to workharder than that! Its all about what you put into it...
Thats what I'm doing. Exept instead of scholarship see GI Bill and Hazelwood act. Going to San Jacinto College in Houston in the fall. After reading this thread, I probably wouldn't go into debt in Sanford. But if it's free in Houston? Why not?

Hi All VW Pilot newbie here....Actually not a pilot yet but getiing there....
I visited DCA and the career advisor tried to give me this sales pitch about
how 95% of their students compleet the program and most get regional airline placement...BLAH BLAH BLAH...my exact words were "Sir I've been in sales before....just give me the real news, what am I looking at" He didn't want to tell me but he told me that most students that go to DCA spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 83-95k in training...He knew I wasn't buying his little speach about all the goodies....I asked him is the cost of living expenses included in that price and he said yes....I talked to a few instuctors there and they told me what ever prices they tell you....Add 30%....I assume he was talking about the avertised prices....They seem a bit money hungry..but who isn't.....Question has anyone considered Regional Airline Academy???

Yeah he said 95% of the students....although the packet of info he gave me says 99% of the students....I've heard 2-3 other figures so I just stopped paying attention to them....Besides It's all depends on the student because no two students are alike.

Alot of flight schools or all will give you a sales pitch...Don't pay it any attention.. Get the facts. See what the flight school will really offer you intstead of a bunch of empty hopes... I say get what you know airlines want.....your ratings and experience/hours and for most a 4 yr degree.

"Question has anyone considered Regional Airline Academy???"

RAA's reputation on the net is only slightly better than DCA. Do some searches. Check Jetcareers or Airline Pilot Central for some current threads.

FSA and ATP seem to get the least negative press of the well known schools.

I've personally known people that had success at both ATP and Mazzei, a smaller academy in Fresno.

I just want to know something....If you have attended DCA then your answer will be more acurate...

Most who attend this school usually get a loan from one of the banks they are affiliated with...What I want to know is does the loan cover anything else other than the courses? What about books, supplies uniforms and such oh and things like living expenses...(APT, food, etc)..are these things forked out of the student's pocket??? If the loan does not cover these, how are the student's even getting by? Are some of the students attending working?? I was told you would rarely have no time for work or if you did, you'd loose because there would be no time for study....I was told that during the disbursment of the loan, an initial amount of 35K will be disbursed, 5k goes to you for personal needs. But If you have to pay for uniforms and books and stuff, you'll barely have anything left to pay for somewhere to live and eat....

That being said, I was told that If a person opt-out of student housing, they
should figure in the cost of living into the loan they applied for..But I'm geting the feeling that the loan only covers courses....True???..Shed some light on me guys.. Tell me what happened to you....

Latest resources

Back