Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta acquisition of NWA almost finalized!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cobra and Fly:

Of course it would not be my expectation that 2007 hires would be above, or even near, you on the seniority list. Delta has some VERY senior Fist Officers on the 757/767 that aren't going anywhere. The concern many 07 hires have is getting put below the DC9 pilots when the final outsourcing of that airplane happens.

In another post, you and ACL were just stating mother DAL is now calling the shots with respect to the NWA fleet. NWA does not plan on parking the 9s. If DAL does as a combined company, the results should come from the combined list. Of course, your position is only the career expections of NERDS (Not Real Delta Pilots) should have a negative result of a combined operating decision. Why doesn't this surprise me.

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries." ;)

Go away... or I shall taunt you a second time!!

CE

Fact is the the bottom of the list will be the new hires either way. Doing displacements/furloughs after SLI allows them to place them at DAL in seniority order at the bottom. A few LOA's will accomplish this.
Of course it is "illegal" for DAL to control anything at NWA currently, but were any of us born yesterday? really?
Look at the whole picture, connect the dots and realize that you LOA to CNX displacements, our LOA to prevent hiring, etc, all point to something bigger that is going to occur after DCC. Word is what has been stated. Legally it can be done, and with another LOA from the combined union makes it legal. I am sure that it is all in the works.

NWA does not plan on parking the 9s. If DAL does as a combined company, the results should come from the combined list.
yeah, whatever, newsflash....
Northwest Airlines has plans to downsize its fleet, grounding one-quarter of its DC-9 planes over the course of the year, the company confirmed Monday. Eagan-based Northwest (NYSE: NWA) sent a note to pilots last week, informing them of its intent to cut its fleet of 103 DC-9s to 68 by the end of 2008.
Domestic flying by Northwest pilots -- called mainline capacity -- is expected to drop 18 to 19 percent in the fourth quarter when compared with last year's final quarter. However, not all of those seats will disappear. This year, Northwest has been shifting a good portion of mainline seats to regional carriers, which have lower labor and fuel costs.
During the second half of this year, Northwest's regional flying is expected to grow by 50 to 55 percent.
Well isn't the latest update parking 47 of them as they are replaced by Compass and Mesaba? Are you going to send me searching for NWA's quarterly conference call quotes, again? At $3.68 a gallon we're headed right back to bankruptcy if we try to fly these things head to head against 717's, second gen CRJ's or E170 / 190's. I'd love it if they would re-engine those DC9's and keep them around, but it isn't happening.

You are correct that Delta pilots caught below these DC9's would be negatively effected by their disposal.

Relative seniority, by equipment, protects the status quo.

Last edited:
NWA is currently staffed for the announced 9s being parked. The ute rates on the rest could rise driving hiring on the NWA side--they haven't been that high historically. Keep spouting your BS.

Schwanker

What six months and see who is correct. It will take till about then for the dust to settle.
Also I cannot see many DAL pilots being put below the DC-9. SLI by seat and pay on previous contract shows that would really difficult to do.

Cobra and Fly:

Early to mid 2007 hires at Delta are line holders on the 757/767B, 767 ER category and MD88. I don't know if any are lineholders on the 737-NG yet. The 737 pilots tend to stay there, while the 757 and ER category had a growth spurt that sucked some new hires up the list on that aircraft.
Late 2007-early2008 hires are LINEHOLDERS in LAX on the 73N. Anything close to this at NWA? Yeah, didn't think so...

Late 2007-early2008 hires are LINEHOLDERS in LAX on the 73N. Anything close to this at NWA? Yeah, didn't think so...

2007 and early 2008 NWA pilots are BLOCKHOLDERS on the DC9 and the whale in the SO position. (But since a number of DAL pilots feel those positions are below them that probably doesnt mean much :rolleyes:)

Latest resources

Back