• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 717's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last decade? How about the last few years? SWA makes 1/4 the revenue DL does now, and 1/6th the revenue UA does. And you have started fare increases lately, something that NEVER used to happen a decade ago with SWA. Your great fuel hedges are over, and it shows. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Slow and steady. We might have 1/4 the revenue, but we've had 100% less furloughs and bankruptcies.

GENERAL CHEESE,

Based on your last decade's numbers, I am not sure Delta could fill-up a Piper Cub going to LBB.

I imagine after your last decade and getting old, 51 I believe, you're personal retirement numbers are pretty scary. Is the accountant going to pull you thru the Golden Years?

Halloween is comming up. Maybe you can sell your SubCommander Costume to some 12 year old on ebay?

I sure wish somebody would do ATL-LBB. My wife is from LBB and it's a royal pain in my ass trying to get there since DAL pulled out.

General Lee still up to your old tricks? Where is your brother, I haven't seen them lately?

It must kill you that you can't flex your arm as a moderator any more. Well, you can always just keep on---------->:crying::crying::crying::crying:

2 legs worth 21 hours. A lot better than your 15 legs for 21 hours worth of pay. 2 legs! It is soooooo nice. And, I get to nap each direction. You try your 15 min cat naps between legs during your 25 min turns in OMA. Enjoy it!

Bye Bye---General Lee

General Cheese,

How many days is your 21 Credit trip? I won't even fly a 3 day that only pays 21 tfp. You're ashamed to answer the question aren't you?

Tired? Some of us aren't old and jet-lagged like you! I can only pray that we can capture the 25 minute turn again. That would be nice!!

Tic, Toc. Only 14 more years until your subcommander costume is useless!!

SWA may build high paying 3 days or 4 days for that matter, but they are also high block which is the potion of father time. I like my DAL 18 hr 3 days with 12 hours of block, my body isn't tired and I feel less aging taking place then when I flew SWA style trips at the Regionals. Just my .02 JP

The name of the game is the one who retires with the most $/ flight hours wins!

He must me out on one of his famous SIX day trips that he was bragging about, meanwhile I'll be home for three of those while making the same pay.

General Cheese,

How many days is your 21 Credit trip? I won't even fly a 3 day that only pays 21 tfp. You're ashamed to answer the question aren't you?

Tired? Some of us aren't old and jet-lagged like you! I can only pray that we can capture the 25 minute turn again. That would be nice!!

Tic, Toc. Only 14 more years until your subcommander costume is useless!!

You are gone less than 48 hours, but it's worth about 20 hours. You leave at 5 or 6 pm the first day, get into Europe the next morning, take a nap, get up for a nice meal and a beverage, go back to sleep, and then leave around 10am in Germany and get back to ATL at about 2pm. That's 20 hours in less than 48 hours. THAT ROCKS COMPARED TO YOUR CRAPPY TRIPS. And, I get fed well, and take a nap during the trip (3 man crew).

Am I tired? I get to do 1 trip to Europe, and then get back and have 4 days to recover. Sounds good to me. You have 20 legs ahead of you, and you're not tired? Ok Superman....... One leg each day, vs your multiple legs.

And TIC, TOC? I am already senior in my equipment, and within a few years I will be senior on the 737 left seat, then a couple after that senior on the 767, and then the 787 or 777. You are stuck doing LBB and BOI for the REST OF YOUR CAREER. I have a feeling there will be loads of SWA pilots looking for a way out to a legacy after they realize the stagnation they will incur thanks to the younger AT group, and the non event when one of your guys retires. (one retires, one FO moves up, one new hire) It will take years to advance. Not at a legacy. One guy off the top leaves, 10 people move up, and pay moves up too. You are stuck in a stagnated 737 for years, doing multiple leg days with 25 min turns. That doesn't sound good to anyone as they age, and you will figure that out too. Have fun!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
He must me out on one of his famous SIX day trips that he was bragging about, meanwhile I'll be home for three of those while making the same pay.

PURE BS. A six day trip for DL is common on the INTL side, along with plenty of one day turns, all the way up to 12 day Asia trips worth 80 hours, which can give you 35 days off in a row if you put one at the beginning of one month, and then another at the end of the next month. You can't do anything like that, you just can't.

Example of a 6 day trip next month: Fly to PIT on a DH, layover. Next day, fly to Paris, for a 72 hour layover. Then fly back to PIT, but you can DH home immediately or use a hotel room in PIT, your choice. Worth 38 hours.

Same with a pairing with SEA, AMS, and BOS layovers. It says 8 days, but the first and last day have dead heads to and from ATL. There are layovers in AMS for 48 hours, and BOS for at least 24 hours. Worth 49 hours, while really flying 5 days. (4 legs--Seattle to Amsterdam, to BOS, to AMS, and back to BOS). Worth 49 hours. You can't even come close.

And you don't make more money than top FOs. You can try to brag about all of your extra credit and 105 trips per month BS, but you don't know if DL guys get greenslips, or swap for larger trips, etc. You just can't really compare. Nope.

So, enjoy MAF 5 times in one trip!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back