• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 717's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a feeling that management knows how to handle it better than you do.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dude, your better hope so. Here's hint (even Cramer would approve), the free cash flow in this industry can stop in a heart beat, turning millions in obligations into billions. Oh, and it's Cramer, with a C buddy...but you knew that.

PS- Haven't been to LBB in over a year, but when I do go...I can guarantee you this...

We'll be making money. You? At best, it will be outsourced... just like everything else.

Please keep talking.....please!

Last edited:
Dude, your better hope so. Here's hint (even Cramer would approve), the free cash flow in this industry can stop in a heart beat, turning millions in obligations into billions. Oh, and it's Cramer, with a C buddy...but you knew that.

PS- Haven't been to LBB in over a year, but when I do go...I can guarantee you this...

We'll be making money. You? At best, it will be outsourced... just like everything else.

Please keep talking.....please!

Outsourced? You mean to LBB? I don't think we could fill one of your old 717s from ATL to LBB. No thanks. Speaking of outsourced, DL is dumping more than 200+ 50 seaters over the next couple years, so that is actually a good thing.

Well Kramer, with a K, (Seinfeld) when free cash flow stops, EVERY airline would be in trouble. You did well after 9-11, mainly because you had the best fuel hedges in the industry. HAD is the emphasized word there. You are now a lot more vulnerable, and you have actually started fare hikes lately, something you never used to do. You are turning into a legacy, but one with a lot of old 737s.(more than DL's 17 DC9s). So, have fun in LBB or MAF, and also enjoy 27 minutes in each of the following cities in the same day: LAS, OMA, STL, CLE, and SDF. I am probably doing one 10 hour leg to Germany for a nice layover.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Outsourced? You mean to LBB? I don't think we could fill one of your old 717s from ATL to LBB. No thanks..

Bye Bye---General Lee

GENERAL CHEESE,

Based on your last decade's numbers, I am not sure Delta could fill-up a Piper Cub going to LBB.

I imagine after your last decade and getting old, 51 I believe, you're personal retirement numbers are pretty scary. Is the accountant going to pull you thru the Golden Years?

Halloween is comming up. Maybe you can sell your SubCommander Costume to some 12 year old on ebay?

How long is this particular trip?
How many credits?

2 legs worth 21 hours. A lot better than your 15 legs for 21 hours worth of pay. 2 legs! It is soooooo nice. And, I get to nap each direction. You try your 15 min cat naps between legs during your 25 min turns in OMA. Enjoy it!

Try all you want Whatajoke, variety is the name of the game. If I wanted to have your schedule, I could bid a narrowbody and do it, which I eventually will left seat. You though, are stuck. Pay and benefits are getting better, and your stagnation with the AT guys is an issue.

Maybe this back and forth is getting old, but these two airlines are different, except for the pay rising at DL, and less stagnation.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
GENERAL CHEESE,

Based on your last decade's numbers, I am not sure Delta could fill-up a Piper Cub going to LBB.

I imagine after your last decade and getting old, 51 I believe, you're personal retirement numbers are pretty scary. Is the accountant going to pull you thru the Golden Years?

Halloween is comming up. Maybe you can sell your SubCommander Costume to some 12 year old on ebay?

Last decade? How about the last few years? SWA makes 1/4 the revenue DL does now, and 1/6th the revenue UA does. And you have started fare increases lately, something that NEVER used to happen a decade ago with SWA. Your great fuel hedges are over, and it shows. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Don't you guys ever get tired of the "my airline is better than your airline stuff?" At some point someone needs to be man enough to just let it go instead of having to have the last word.

Don't you guys ever get tired of the "my airline is better than your airline stuff?" At some point someone needs to be man enough to just let it go instead of having to have the last word.

Alright, I will stop if they do too. We will agree to disagree.

Bye Bye---General Lee

2 legs worth 21 hours. A lot better than your 15 legs for 21 hours worth of pay. 2 legs! It is soooooo nice. And, I get to nap each direction. You try your 15 min cat naps between legs during your 25 min turns in OMA. Enjoy it!

Try all you want Whatajoke, variety is the name of the game. If I wanted to have your schedule, I could bid a narrowbody and do it, which I eventually will left seat. You though, are stuck. Pay and benefits are getting better, and your stagnation with the AT guys is an issue.

Maybe this back and forth is getting old, but these two airlines are different, except for the pay rising at DL, and less stagnation.

Bye Bye---General Lee

But how LONG is your trip?

Latest resources

Back