• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 717's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
51 and you haven't taken a left seat yet Jenny, you scared of the responsibility or just like walk arounds (or is it reach arounds for Jenny)

His wife's wealthy family will make her divorce him if he upgrades in anything smaller than the 767. He is on a very short leash.

Last edited:
51 and you haven't taken a left seat yet Jenny, you scared of the responsibility or just like walk arounds (or is it reach arounds for Jenny)

Oh, he likes the reach arounds.

His wife's wealthy family will make her divorce him if he upgrades in anything smaller than the 767. He is on a very short leash.

Actually I like seniority and I have flown the 737 before, and really don't want to fly the MD88. With 100 737-900ERs starting to replace older 757s and A320s next year, there should be plenty of 737 slots to pick from. But, you're right, my parents in laws do want to me to hang out at "the club" more often, and eat bon bons....... Will you be caddying at the club again? This time, when you fetch my golf balls, please expedite so I don't have to wait as long. I need to be at the spa salon by 3pm so Inga can give me the 1 hour deep tissue massage. HURTS SO GOOD! Your $5 tip will be waiting for you at the end. Ta ta!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Oh, he likes the reach arounds.

Quit dreaming again! Your over active imagination continues to get the best of you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't think they would win if they did sue, since it was a sub-lease deal from SWA, which is something that was allowed.
Incorrect. It certainly did trigger our Scope language. A sub-lease is an "Assignment of aircraft" as defined by our Section 1 language. What's less clear is "commercial best effort".

I have a feeling both DL and SWA looked into the matter before making this deal, and the DL VP of Flt Ops even stated that AT pilots would not be coming along with the deal. I believe SWA will be keeping the old 737-300s and -500s longer, which will keep those AT pilots in the cockpits, hopefully with SWA payrates by then.
SWA pay doesn't happen until 1/1/15. AirTran pilots still on property at AirTran on the 717 on 1/1/15 (those who haven't transitioned over while the conversion schedule finishes up in 2015) will start drawing SWA pay and rigs. The 717 pay rate on 1/1/15 in the SWAPA CBA per SL10 is the same as the 737.

That said, there's two things on the table, a grievance and a lawsuit, neither of which have been formally filed yet (the Company was provided notice of our potential dispute of the sale's violation of our Scope language, thus preserving the right to file the grievance in the future).

The grievance is valid, but it's hard to put a monetary dollar value on the violation of our Scope language... how do you prove what an arbitrator would have done with a 717 AAI / Delta SLI, especially with the Captain seats? The grievance is a winner, the problem is payout... what do you ask for and how do you base that on something concrete? Can't make Delta take the pilots, they're not a party to our CBA... so what do you do with the grievance?

Not as easy as it sounds. The lawsuit is another matter, and it wouldn't be to fly the airplanes, you can't sue for something that is covered under the RLA, except in certain cases and even then only after you have exhausted your avenues available under the RLA.

Actually I like seniority and I have flown the 737 before, and really don't want to fly the MD88. With 100 737-900ERs starting to replace older 757s and A320s next year, there should be plenty of 737 slots to pick from. But, you're right, my parents in laws do want to me to hang out at "the club" more often, and eat bon bons....... Will you be caddying at the club again? This time, when you fetch my golf balls, please expedite so I don't have to wait as long. I need to be at the spa salon by 3pm so Inga can give me the 1 hour deep tissue massage. HURTS SO GOOD! Your $5 tip will be waiting for you at the end. Ta ta!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Just remember GL, if doesnt say atltlanta cc, peachtree cc, or east lake on the sign at that club, your in laws aren't that rich.

Just remember GL, if doesnt say atltlanta cc, peachtree cc, or east lake on the sign at that club, your in laws aren't that rich.

Thanks Mr. Belvedeere!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back