• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 717's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cmon General....U r giving us a bad name......

That's ridiculous. Read my response again you quoted. That was nice.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah, and deferring 30 738s also saved you money. Maybe shrinking is in your future because you aren't the Low Cost Leader anymore? JK just restarted the save $5 a day program that Herb introduced 20 years ago. Hopefully they won't extend that into your new contract talks. Good luck with the cost saving efforts.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You mean deferring 30 737-800s to become 800 Max's while saving ONE BILLION in capital expenditures? Yea, that works for me, plus you helping us save 300 million on the bottom line right now. Thanks brother.

Last edited:
You mean deferring 30 737-800s to become 800 Max's while saving ONE BILLION in capital expenditures? Yea, that works for me, plus you helping us save 300 million on the bottom line right now. Thanks brother.

Your management still has cash left over after you guys paid for your training, so that's good. While you wait years for the 738 Max, you continue to use older 733s and 735s, which probably doesn't help cutting costs. At least those 717 guys get free 737 types, something your company is not used to paying for. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Your management still has cash left over after you guys paid for your training, so that's good. While you wait years for the 738 Max, you continue to use older 733s and 735s, which probably doesn't help cutting costs. At least those 717 guys get free 737 types, something your company is not used to paying for. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

How 'new' are your 100+ MD88's?

We have 20 -500's.
We have 140 -300's.
We have 400 -700/-800's.

BTW, the FO's flying the -500 make more money than most of your Heavy Captains.

I am pretty sure Gary made financial accomodations for the prior AirTran pilots that will need a type in a few years when they upgrade.

BTW, we've made money EVERY YEAR since 1975. Yall went BANKRUPT a couple years ago. I think we have an okay pulse on how to operate our company. I bet your West Texas accountant wife agrees.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This part is great, coming from a company that has operated DC-9s for years, only because they were paid off. Now the shoe is on the other foot but we must not know what we are doing? I'll venture out here and say that even are 300s (that were built in the 80's vs the 60's) are a little more fuel effiecent than the 9's.

Nice spin General, but this turd doesn't float. Just like many of your post.

Red,

The MD90s and MD88s are newer than your old 733s and 735s. The 17 remaining DC9s are already scheduled on the way out, before the batch of 738s you deferred are scheduled to be delivered to you. So, the remaining 17 DC9s are less efficient than ALL of your old 737s? Really? NOT....... You lose, again.

And you are right, GK has saved up for the AT pilots' types by not giving them parity with your pay. Not even the 737 guys, flying the same plane. That makes them happy, and feel the LUV, right? You don't care about them obviously. It will be interesting to see them as your Captain one day soon. Fun times.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

You do understand that this is almost 2013 and NW/DL are still flying around old DC-9s right? I agree that they should be on there way out....like 10 years ago.

It wasn't that long ago that you guys had OVER 100 of those gas guzzling airplanes. The point is, they elected to keep them longer before they were PAID FOR. With me so far? That's what we are doing. Same thing.....with the caveat that the -300s are much more fuel effecient than an the almost straight jet DC9. The 300s still have a realitively high bypass engine, the 9s...not so much.

So we made the same decision you guys did for the past 10 years. Very simple.

I'm confused about were we where talking about Airtran pilots. It's over. The votes are in. For some reason you like to bring it up like its some talking point. Should I start talking about the DL pension obligation? Of course not, we aren't even discussing that. More spin, more spin.

Nice try General.

I'm confused about were we where talking about Airtran pilots. It's over. The votes are in. For some reason you like to bring it up like its some talking point. Should I start talking about the DL pension obligation? Of course not, we aren't even discussing that.

Most people feel that SWAPA pilots and SWA should be embarrassed by the coerced vote and the B Scale. People bring it up because it's really hard to believe that they're not ashamed by it.

The General brings it up because he knows it makes you a little uncomfortable deep inside. He knows you worry subconciously about the karmic results.

:eek:

Most people feel that SWAPA pilots and SWA should be embarrassed by the coerced vote and the B Scale. People bring it up because it's really hard to believe that they're not ashamed by it.

The General brings it up because he knows it makes you a little uncomfortable deep inside. He knows you worry subconciously about the karmic results.

:eek:

Dicko,

I hear what your saying, and No it doesn't bother me inside at all. There was enough arm twisting on both sides to go around. Our union put a gun to our head too. They kept constantly (yes, constantly) telling us that we HAD to vote YES to keep from going to arbitration. PS - I wasn't scared of arbitration one bit.

So as bad as you guys have it, we saw the same coercion on this side to pass the deal. You may not know about that, or even care. And that's cool. I do hear what your saying on that side and I empathize, sincerely.

We didn't have money pulled out of our deal like you did. But some on the SW side got moved down the seniority list from the first deal.

In the end, it's over. Done. You can bitch and grip forever. It's not going to change a damn thing.

General brings it up because that's all he has to bitch about. He wanted to see it go to arbitration with a complete knock down drag out. It didn't happen, so he uses it as a talking point. EVEN THOUGH WE AREN'T TALKING ABOUT IT.

I prefer to stay directly on topic if at all possible. I'm not perfect, but I try hard to stay on the topic of the thread.

Latest resources

Back