• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 717's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not hard to credit 120 a month and still have a minimum of 15 days off.

And that doesn't include ANY redeyes the General is bragging about. He likes to also brag about 'greenslip' extra pay flying. The above number doesn't include premium. If it did, the number could be north of 150. The ability to manipulate your schedule (either up or down) is amazing here.

Whataburger's example of flying a 3-4 day then picking up on the back end is VERY easy to do. Live in base? Your home a pretty good amount of time. There's no spin in his example.

6-12 day trips across 8 time zones? No thanks. I'd prefer to be home more.

Last edited:
And DH'ing to PIT is not hard, what? Maybe 1 1/2 hours? If there is an INTL DH, it is always in business class. How about that? Do you ever dead head in your CATTLE CAR? At least there is a chance for first class in domestic DHs here. YOU LOSE. When did I say you get rest in DHs? For INTL DHs, yes, you can rest, in a nice seat. Domestically, you get an aisle or window. You guys might not if you show up late. You get the middle because you don't have assigned seats. THAT STINKS FOR YOU.

I talked to a SWA FO who told me "THEY WORK US LIKE DOGS." Your AA jumpseater can always bid back to domestic if he wanted to. You cannot bid INTL, at all, and your AT buddies can. Someday you will learn.

Sorry, not 36 legs, but 26 legs. In 5 days---yep, possible, especially since you get NO JET LAG, meaning you stay in one time zone. LOL indeed!!!!

When you go BK personally after spending money that you may lose in upcoming negotiations for the next contract, then you will learn about paying creditors back. It's all handled by the courts, and agreed upon before exiting. You will figure that out on your own most likely. Again, say hi to your wife and my kids for me.

Thanks Whatajoke. Goodnight!

Bye Bye--General Lee

GENERAL CHEESE,

You can honestly tell me that after getting up in the morning, driving to work, reporting 1 hr before your DH, DHing to PIT, sitting for an hour or so, flying to Germany (7hrs?), clearing customs, ride to hotel, meal, sleep = you just spring out of bed and do it all again 15 hrs later? You must have the energy of Tony Little. Amazing at your age!

SO hypothetically:

Get up with kids at 6am, drive to the A-T-L at 11am, 12 o'clock flight to PIT (in first class of course,) 5pm departure to Germantown, 7 hr flight, 1 hr to get to hotel van, meal and fancy beers 1 hr, 1 hr to wind down in room.

Is that about 3am East Coast beddy-bye time? You've now been up for 21 hrs! NO PROBLEMO!! Right?

Just spoke with a guy at DAL who is 5th year (hired '08) and can only hold the -88 based in Atlanta on reserve . He said his typical trips are 4 days, 3-5 legs per day paying 21 hours. Also said he works most weekends and gets 12-13 days off/month. He said that he's always tired. Seems a far cry from you know who on here.
Any idea how this would compare to year 5 at SWA?

Not every base has the same type trips, and there are a variety of plane types. The MD88s don't do 2 leg INTL trips to Europe. If you start out on a plane or are on reserve, you may fly more, or fly less depending on the season. Summer is always busier than Fall and Spring. Jon, are you are Freshman at Embry Riddle? You seem new to this business. Good luck at being a lav dumper.

Bye Bye---General Lee

He talks about taking naps in a lot of his posts. The schedule is tough or its sleep apnea, one of the two.

3 man INTL crew flights allow one of the pilots at a time to go back into the cabin and go to the crew rest seat to take a nap, eat a meal, watch a movie, etc. You will not get that at SWA. Taking a nap and being paid for it while you fly a 10 hour flight is a GOOD thing. Anything over 12 hours enroute means there has to be 4 pilots, 2 Capts and 2 FOs. That means also there must be two seperate seats, or a crew rest bunk area, where there are on certain 767s. That is really nice. Good try.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Gennie what is your fasination with bashing LBB? Were you molested there as a child or something? There are worse places, try GLH, GYY, or YHM. Or for that matter, most of Africa.

GENERAL CHEESE,

You can honestly tell me that after getting up in the morning, driving to work, reporting 1 hr before your DH, DHing to PIT, sitting for an hour or so, flying to Germany (7hrs?), clearing customs, ride to hotel, meal, sleep = you just spring out of bed and do it all again 15 hrs later? You must have the energy of Tony Little. Amazing at your age!

SO hypothetically:

Get up with kids at 6am, drive to the A-T-L at 11am, 12 o'clock flight to PIT (in first class of course,) 5pm departure to Germantown, 7 hr flight, 1 hr to get to hotel van, meal and fancy beers 1 hr, 1 hr to wind down in room.

Is that about 3am East Coast beddy-bye time? You've now been up for 21 hrs! NO PROBLEMO!! Right?

You got it wrong. The PIT flight is to Paris, and that is seasonal, which will end after OCT and then resume in the Spring. The Germany flights, which I tend to do to Stuttgart and Dusseldorf, are nonstop daily from ATL. I was giving Red examples of 6 or 8 day trips from the ATL base for next month. Regardless, if you are tired, you do get a 3 hour break during the flight to get some shut eye, which is nice. So, hypothetically, you are wrong....

Other cool trips have a dead head to Honolulu, and then a couple turns back and forth from Honolulu to Fukuoka, Japan, and Osaka or Nagoya, Japan. Those can be longer trips, but worth a lot more, and keep you in Honolulu at least a few times to enjoy the beach. Where is your Hawaii announcement? Nevermind.......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Gennie what is your fasination with bashing LBB? Were you molested there as a child or something? There are worse places, try GLH, GYY, or YHM. Or for that matter, most of Africa.

I drove through there once, and didn't like it. I never really liked Midland or Amarillo either. As far as Africa being worse, you really don't know that I would assume. I don't bid those to Africa, but I have heard that some are nice with nice resorts. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back