• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 717's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pure bs. A six day trip for dl is common on the intl side, along with plenty of one day turns, all the way up to 12 day asia trips worth 80 hours, which can give you 35 days off in a row if you put one at the beginning of one month, and then another at the end of the next month. You can't do anything like that, you just can't.

Example of a 6 day trip next month: Fly to pit on a dh, layover. Next day, fly to paris, for a 72 hour layover. Then fly back to pit, but you can dh home immediately or use a hotel room in pit, your choice. Worth 38 hours.

Same with a pairing with sea, ams, and bos layovers. It says 8 days, but the first and last day have dead heads to and from atl. There are layovers in ams for 48 hours, and bos for at least 24 hours. Worth 49 hours, while really flying 5 days. (4 legs--seattle to amsterdam, to bos, to ams, and back to bos). Worth 49 hours. You can't even come close.

And you don't make more money than top fos. You can try to brag about all of your extra credit and 105 trips per month bs, but you don't know if dl guys get greenslips, or swap for larger trips, etc. You just can't really compare. Nope.

So, enjoy maf 5 times in one trip!

Bye bye---general lee

PIT?? Did that just give something away?? Time to go puke in the toilet then get another drink and debate on the forum before passing out at 2AM in your apartment only to start over again at noon.:eek:

Last edited:
PURE BS. A six day trip for DL is common on the INTL side, along with plenty of one day turns, all the way up to 12 day Asia trips worth 80 hours, which can give you 35 days off in a row if you put one at the beginning of one month, and then another at the end of the next month. You can't do anything like that, you just can't.

Example of a 6 day trip next month: Fly to PIT on a DH, layover. Next day, fly to Paris, for a 72 hour layover. Then fly back to PIT, but you can DH home immediately or use a hotel room in PIT, your choice. Worth 38 hours.

Same with a pairing with SEA, AMS, and BOS layovers. It says 8 days, but the first and last day have dead heads to and from ATL. There are layovers in AMS for 48 hours, and BOS for at least 24 hours. Worth 49 hours, while really flying 5 days. (4 legs--Seattle to Amsterdam, to BOS, to AMS, and back to BOS). Worth 49 hours. You can't even come close.

And you don't make more money than top FOs. You can try to brag about all of your extra credit and 105 trips per month BS, but you don't know if DL guys get greenslips, or swap for larger trips, etc. You just can't really compare. Nope.

So, enjoy MAF 5 times in one trip!

Bye Bye---General Lee

8 days, only 49 credit? I can easily fly a 32 credit 4 day and easily fly a 15 day 2 day. Thats 47 Cred in two less days AND my kids remember who daddy is. AND the FO pay is much more than SubCommander pay.

17 days off and 110 credit is EASY!!!!!!

No jet lag.

Flying for a company who does not cheat their creditors.

Cowboy Ethics. Ask your wife about it.

PIT?? Did that just give something away?? Time to go puke in the toilet then get another drink and debate on the forum before passing out at 2AM in your apartment only to start over again at noon.:eek:

You need to re-read my post. There are Deadheads on BOTH sides of that trip, and the CDG flight from PIT is late in the afternoon, meaning you can positive space dead head into PIT, the SAME DAY as you depart. (actually both ways you can do that, or take the hotel) YOU LOSE!!!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
8 days, only 49 credit? I can easily fly a 32 credit 4 day and easily fly a 15 day 2 day. Thats 47 Cred in two less days AND my kids remember who daddy is. AND the FO pay is much more than SubCommander pay.

17 days off and 110 credit is EASY!!!!!!

No jet lag.

Flying for a company who does not cheat their creditors.

Cowboy Ethics. Ask your wife about it.

Sure, you might be able to do that, but you have to fly 36 legs. Yes, you are ZONKED. Try doing that at age 50. You won't be able to. My 48 hour 6 day (yes, the first and last have DHs) has 4 total legs, and one 48 hour layover in AMS. YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR IT. How much do you think that is worth PER leg? YOU LOSE. No jet lag? That would mean you stay in the same time zone. If your trips stay in the same time zone, that means A LOT OF LEGS. THAT IS NOT GOOD. In my plane, I can get up in the cockpit, stretch, do jumping jacks, go back and take a 3 hour nap, eat a good meal, etc. Can you? Jet lag.......riiiiight.

And I love the part about cheating creditors. How about your cool People's Court commercials saying "we would never do that" about bag fees? What about AT? Who owns them? Do they charge for bags? Cowboy ethics? Riiight. And say hi to your wife and my kids while you're at it.

Will you be keeping your 17 days off and 110 trips credit per month? Sounds like GK wants to change that, with his talk of "saving $5 a day" (something Herb started 20 years ago) here, and deferring 30 738s there..... I have a feeling SWAPA will stall any talks as long as possible. The problem you have is you don't have the cost advantage anymore, you have older stews and pilots, and are trying to buy new planes without as much ancillary revenue as the others. But, you are raising fares more often, something you didn't do before. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Sure, you might be able to do that, but you have to fly 36 legs. Yes, you are ZONKED. Try doing that at age 50. You won't be able to. My 48 hour 6 day (yes, the first and last have DHs) has 4 total legs, and one 48 hour layover in AMS. YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR IT. How much do you think that is worth PER leg? YOU LOSE.

And I love the part about cheating creditors. How about your cool People's Court commercials saying "SWA would never do that" about bag fees? What about AT? Do you own them? Do they charge for bags? Cowboy ethics? Riiight.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So EVERY ONE of your trips are 2days that pay 20? Is that a FACT?? Your are a liar!!! None of your NWA/DAL bretheren come here to back you up because you are WRONG!!

Might be able to do that?? It is getting done!!

Zonked?? I know 51 years old is almost AARP, but really? We are pilots, we fly. I think DHing sucks more than flying.

DH's LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Great rest!!!! Right!! I can see it now, you in your SubCommander Costume, next to a COS DHing to XYZ, great rest!! Enjoy your Bankruptcy Cola!!

I recently had a senior AA jumpseater who said he would much rather have our schedule than his to western Europe. Who's Superman?

36 legs? lol.

You did not cheat people you owed money to by declaring Bankruptcy? You owed somebody money. You did not pay them the money you owed them. You robbed them!!

Good thing you married a Texan to bail you out!!

Hey, if your planning does not work out, you can declare bankruptcy too!!

Last edited:
So EVERY ONE of your trips are 2days that pay 20? Is that a FACT?? Your are a liar!!! None of your NWA/DAL bretheren come here to back you up because you are WRONG!!

Might be able to do that?? It is getting done!!

Zonked?? I know 51 years old is almost AARP, but really? We are pilots, we fly. I think DHing sucks more than flying.

DH's LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Great rest!!!! Right!! I can see it now, you in your SubCommander Costume, next to a COS DHing to XYZ, great rest!! Enjoy your Bankruptcy Cola!!

I recently had a senior AA jumpseater who said he would much rather have our schedule than his to western Europe. Who's Superman?

36 legs? lol.

You did not cheat people you owed money to by declaring Bankruptcy? You owed somebody money. You did not pay them the money you owed them. You robbed them!!

To Germany? YES. From ATL they are about 20 hours. They are about the same length. None of my brethern say I am wrong, and that is a fact. I can always give them pairing numbers, which will quell that.

And DH'ing to PIT is not hard, what? Maybe 1 1/2 hours? If there is an INTL DH, it is always in business class. How about that? Do you ever dead head in your CATTLE CAR? At least there is a chance for first class in domestic DHs here. YOU LOSE. When did I say you get rest in DHs? For INTL DHs, yes, you can rest, in a nice seat. Domestically, you get an aisle or window. You guys might not if you show up late. You get the middle because you don't have assigned seats. THAT STINKS FOR YOU.

I talked to a SWA FO who told me "THEY WORK US LIKE DOGS." Your AA jumpseater can always bid back to domestic if he wanted to. You cannot bid INTL, at all, and your AT buddies can. Someday you will learn.

Sorry, not 36 legs, but 26 legs. In 5 days---yep, possible, especially since you get NO JET LAG, meaning you stay in one time zone. LOL indeed!!!!

When you go BK personally after spending money that you may lose in upcoming negotiations for the next contract, then you will learn about paying creditors back. It's all handled by the courts, and agreed upon before exiting. You will figure that out on your own most likely. Again, say hi to your wife and my kids for me.

Thanks Whatajoke. Goodnight!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Cheese,

Get that Senior 737 upgrade in a few years! You will make what our 1st year Capts would make! Minus 20-30 credits of course. At least you have more bling on the costume. Nice job on the Bedazzling!!

You got a product from someone on an agreed upon rate. You paid them pennies on the dollar. You robbed them. Ask momma about Cowboy Ethics. Read the book, you will learn a lot.

Our avg stage length is over 700 miles. Check your facts, and you will realize how wrong your are about everything.

Just spoke with a guy at DAL who is 5th year (hired '08) and can only hold the -88 based in Atlanta on reserve . He said his typical trips are 4 days, 3-5 legs per day paying 21 hours. Also said he works most weekends and gets 12-13 days off/month. He said that he's always tired. Seems a far cry from you know who on here.
Any idea how this would compare to year 5 at SWA?

Just spoke with a guy at DAL who is 5th year (hired '08) and can only hold the -88 based in Atlanta on reserve . He said his typical trips are 4 days, 3-5 legs per day paying 21 hours. Also said he works most weekends and gets 12-13 days off/month. He said that he's always tired. Seems a far cry from you know who on here.
Any idea how this would compare to year 5 at SWA?

08 hires are currently in the following categories:

ATL M88B
ATL 73NB
CVG M88B
MSP M88B
MSP 320B
DTW 320B
DTW 7ERB
DTW DC9B
NYC 7ERB
NYC 320B
NYC M88B
NYC 73NB
SLC 7ERB
SLC 73NB

In Sept the junior lineholder in the ATL M88B is an 05/08 hire. He had 16 days off.

The junior lineholder in the NYC M88B is a 2010 hire. He had 17 days off.

The 08 7ERB's are most likely on reserve. They might fly to Europe twice a month. The rest of the time they are domestic/Western Hemisphere pilots.

As far as domestic vs international: I've done everything from 6 legs a day in an RJ to 15-hr flights in an MD11. I find you'll grow older faster, chasing airplanes all day, eating airport food, and subsequently being sentenced to a 9hr layover. Then having to repeat the torture the next day. There is no comparison.

YMMV, of course.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back