Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nu;

What I stated is what I have heard first person. It was idle chit chat, but they do not like the flow, and the lawyers will find a way around it. Ugly? Yes. Wrong? Yes, Legal? More than likely.

This flow is new ground for DAL. They really do not like the fact that they cannot control what comes in the front door. They will probably get over it when they realize the ppl that flow in are first rate.

WRT the 100~ seat jet. Company wants them and had made a business case that is sustainable at current rates on them. This option is better than more 76 seat jets. We are about to turn the tide on DCI, the last thing we need to do is once again price a jet that is not on property off our property. Now once they are here that is a different story. I agree that we should see 9 rates, but lets have them put rubber on the runway before we unilaterally increase its costs.

Once they are here they are committed to it. This is our battle line. Lets win the battle of getting them here and then win the war by upping the pay. With the time line I have been putting together, we probably can do both in C2012.

Where are you FI Deltoid regulars going?

ACL?
Peanuckle?
Shwanker?
Monsytebuck?
Superpilot?

et al ...

I'm staying in the NYC ER for now -- probably looking at year round reserve.

I down bid to stay in ATL. Looking ahead I did not want to get caught on reserve in NYC. Commuting to domestic reserve on the ER in NYC is not my idea of fun. The cost of a crash pad and transfers eats any gains away really quickly.

I know Peanuckle will be joining me in class. Super is going by to the baby buss.

Nu;

What I stated is what I have heard first person. It was idle chit chat, but they do not like the flow, and the lawyers will find a way around it. Ugly? Yes. Wrong? Yes, Legal? More than likely.

This flow is new ground for DAL. They really do not like the fact that they cannot control what comes in the front door. They will probably get over it when they realize the ppl that flow in are first rate.

WRT the 100~ seat jet. Company wants them and had made a business case that is sustainable at current rates on them. This option is better than more 76 seat jets. We are about to turn the tide on DCI, the last thing we need to do is once again price a jet that is not on property off our property. Now once they are here that is a different story. I agree that we should see 9 rates, but lets have them put rubber on the runway before we unilaterally increase its costs.

Once they are here they are committed to it. This is our battle line. Lets win the battle of getting them here and then win the war by upping the pay. With the time line I have been putting together, we probably can do both in C2012.

Heyas ACL,

%100 agree on all of that.

My only beef is with the attempt to end-round the flow. The NWA guys signed the agreement, and it means something to us when we sign something. We made a promise to represent these guys, and not only do we (yes, WE, becase it's a combined MEC now) back out of that, people want us to back out of the other part of the agreement, or at least dilute it.

It also annoys me to no end, however, when the people outside of the agreement, who so poisoned the well in the first place, complain about a flow that was signed in good faith between parties who could work together.

Nu

PS. I'm staying put. Tried for the A in MSP/NYC, but it didn't go. I go to 767 diff at the end of the month, and bounces next month. Should be fun when DTW converts to 7ER.

Last edited:
My only beef is with the attempt to end-round the flow. The NWA guys signed the agreement, and it means something to us when we sign something. We made a promise to represent these guys, and not only do we (yes, WE, becase it's a combined MEC now) back out of that, people want us to back out of the other part of the agreement, or at least dilute it.

This why I believe King Moak wanted us (Compass) out of the DAL MEC, and all the rhetoric about DFR lawsuits.

Spaulding, I agree. We fought a very hard fight for this.

There are a few ways this can play out. I will not get in to them, but there is a lot going on right now that will make itself known over the next few months.

I disagree. They are already ours. This many seats is a main line plane. Its not to be discussed. JB already flies them with better rates. No one else is allowed to fly them for Delta and no one but Delta will, at JB rates or better. We all need to take this stance and no other. Anything that even appears to be a "starting place" short of this will do more harm than good. IMO This is a hard line, its not negotiable. The only negotiable part is the pay rate, but they both come at the same time. Not one then lets talk about the other.

I have expressed my concern over this to my reps. I hope everyone else will do or has done the same. These 190/195s HAVE to be at mainline if/when they are delivered.

Last edited:
Trouble with this thought process is we already have the rates in our contract.They put out an AE with 195 or cj900 not much we could do.

I hear ya. I am just saying the way I look at it we ALREADY bought and paid for the right to fly this size a/c. We shouldn't have to spend one ounce of negotiations on it. I am not paying twice. We own it, end of discussion. I am tired of Renegotiating things we already paid for. Just saying.

Spaulding, I agree. We fought a very hard fight for this.

There are a few ways this can play out. I will not get in to them, but there is a lot going on right now that will make itself known over the next few months.

Good or bad for the Compass guys?

Where are you FI Deltoid regulars going?

ACL?
Peanuckle?
Shwanker?
Monsytebuck?
Superpilot?

et al ...

I'm staying in the NYC ER for now -- probably looking at year round reserve.

MD'd to the ATL 73N for me. After 3 displacement bids off the 767, they finally got me! Looks like I probably just missed my % threshold to go to the 7ER in NYC. I'm looking forward to learning a new plane...and also not commuting.

Latest resources

Back