Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice try smarty but I don't commute

Oh, sorry....besides the commuting part of my post the rest is pretty accurate, right? Being that you got displaced off the 200 and are now on the 9 in MEM I'd bet my presumption on target. Seat lock makes no difference for an MD. Doubt you can hold anything bigger unless you are MD'd, which again, you probably won't be displaced(because of VD's, not because you fall on the bottom of the 9 list).

Last edited:
Oh, sorry....besides the commuting part of my post the rest is pretty accurate, right? Being that you got displaced off the 200 and are now on the 9 in MEM I'd bet my presumption on target. Seat lock makes no difference for an MD. Doubt you can hold anything bigger unless you are MD'd, which again, you probably won't be displaced(because of VD's, not because you fall on the bottom of the 9 list).

Going back and reading my previous posts does not make you Nostradamus. But, yes I will be displaced to a bigger AC. I am not on the bottom, I choose reserve because I like to get paid to be at home chatting with fine folks like yourself. I also picked MEM because I wanted to live in the South, not forced here because I'm on the bottom. I'm nowhere near as junior as you think.

FYI, I was on the 200 because I wanted it, not because I got stuck with it. Fishing in AK in the summer and skiing in the winter while on reserve was the best. On top of that, now I am enjoying displacement pay.

Last edited:
Doubt you can hold anything bigger unless you are MD'd, which again, you probably won't be displaced(because of VD's, not because you fall on the bottom of the 9 list).

MEM is about to become relatively senior in all categories. Many of the pilots displacing out of ATL would rather MEM than DTW or MSP. On top of that, there are a bunch of Delta bubbas that live near here and were commuting to ATL. Now they get to stay at home instead of commute. Like you said, VDs come before MDs.

All that adds up to an enjoyable MD for yours truly.

Last edited:
Going back and reading my previous posts does not make you Nostradamus. But, yes I will be displaced to a bigger AC. I am not on the bottom, I choose reserve because I like to get paid to be at home chatting with fine folks like yourself. I also picked MEM because I wanted to live in the South, not forced here because I'm on the bottom. I'm nowhere near as junior as you think.

FYI, I was on the 200 because I wanted it, not because I got stuck with it. Fishing in AK in the summer and skiing in the winter while on reserve was the best. On top of that, now I am enjoying displacement pay.

Never claimed to be prophetic, however you don't make sense. What "bigger" aircraft do you think you can hold in MEM?...answer=NONE. Guess you'll be commuting to Reserve in ATL on that bigger aircraft, huh?(if you can hold ATL). Or, you really like to move a lot...ANC, MEM, ATL...why don't you just quit complaining about a SLI that YOU CAN NOT CHANGE!

MEM is about to become relatively senior in all categories. Many of the pilots displacing out of ATL would rather MEM than DTW or MSP. On top of that, there are a bunch of Delta bubbas that live near here and were commuting to ATL. Now they get to stay at home instead of commute. Like you said, VDs come before MDs.

All that adds up to an enjoyable MD for yours truly.

Don't be so sure about that, I think most ATL MD's will follow their aircraft to NYC(765) than fly the 9 out of MEM.

Never claimed to be prophetic, however you don't make sense. What "bigger" aircraft do you think you can hold in MEM?...answer=NONE. Guess you'll be commuting to Reserve in ATL on that bigger aircraft, huh?(if you can hold ATL). Or, you really like to move a lot...ANC, MEM, ATL...why don't you just quit complaining about a SLI that YOU CAN NOT CHANGE!

Don't get frustrated because you don't understand I will explain. I don't plan on staying in MEM. I will get the MD and move my dog and pony show to a bigger AC in a different town. If I'm not in ANC then I am not home and I don't care where I go. Yes, I do enjoy moving a lot.

And, yes I will be on reserve but I love reserve, I thought I explained that to you. I get paid to sit around and scratch my jewels. I will forever fly reserve and that is why I move, to enjoy reserve.

FYI, I did not move to ANC, that was where I was born and raised. Hence why I was up there and not because I was junior.

Don't get frustrated because you don't understand I will explain. I don't plan on staying in MEM. I will get the MD and move my dog and pony show to a bigger AC in a different town. If I'm not in ANC then I am not home and I don't care where I go. Yes, I do enjoy moving a lot.

And, yes I will be on reserve but I love reserve, I thought I explained that to you. I get paid to sit around and scratch my jewels. I will forever fly reserve and that is why I move, to enjoy reserve.

FYI, I did not move to ANC, that was where I was born and raised. Hence why I was up there and not because I was junior.

Um, ok. Very naive to think just cause you're junior you WILL get displaced. Nobody knows what will happen with this AE, especially to the junior DC-9 FO's. BTW, I'm not frustrated at all. However, based off your recent posts still being upset about the SLI, seems you need more of a stress release then just scratching your jewels:puke:

Um, ok. Very naive to think just cause you're junior you WILL get displaced. Nobody knows what will happen with this AE, especially to the junior DC-9 FO's. BTW, I'm not frustrated at all. However, based off your recent posts still being upset about the SLI, seems you need more of a stress release then just scratching your jewels:puke:

Scratching my jewels is very relaxing. I am not upset about the SLI, I am one who believes that 1+1=3. I just think it was short sighted to devalue the 330.

Are the Seniority #'s at the top based on who currently hold the position?
Are there bumping rights?
Are these the only positions that are open?
How long is the seat lock?
Are base swaps easy in the same equipment?
Are there separate positions for reserve?

Baja.

Why would u care? I thought u were elated to be in Alaska... Why come back to NWA/DAL?

Scratching my jewels is very relaxing. I am not upset about the SLI, I am one who believes that 1+1=3. I just think it was short sighted to devalue the 330.

Ok then, what can you do about it now? Oh yeah, NOTHING...so quit complaining.

Also, you're so sure you'll be displaced to a bigger aircraft. Ever think you may get MD'd to DTW DC9 b?(if you get MD'd). Wouldn't that be funny???

Latest resources

Back