• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

crw overrun transcript

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again you are using the mentality that it's safer to take it to the sky then to deal with it on the ground, that's what caused this accident. All he had to do was abort but instead he added flaps so they could get out of there and not miss the flow window. If you're on the takeoff roll and you notice that flaps aren't set, doesn't matter if they're 0 or 8, it's an automatic abort. However, if the CA had enough reflex to continue the roll and add flaps then he should have known to disregard flaps misconfig warning and continued. Again the take off phase is not a "set it and forget it" phase of flight, there are different segments which you need to pay attention to the airplane and the roll.

Amazing, no real T/O brief on the CVR, if they did it earlier how about at least a refresh of the high points as there turning onto the active....But they got nothing. Also the brief is 99.9% ANYTHING beore 80 abort 80-v1 RED Stuff.....but still no abort when red stuff came out. Also no abort call. I saw this time and time again in the box, they brief then don't do what they brief....Sucks for this capable crew, but again shows the importance of the brief and sterile......Every departure every day the rest of your career!!!

just because they "could talk" with the parking brake set doesn't mean they should. You guys don't have enought time to talk at cruise or sitting around the terminal/crew rooms? Give me a break and do your F#%^& job like a professional.

just because they "could talk" with the parking brake set doesn't mean they should. You guys don't have enought time to talk at cruise or sitting around the terminal/crew rooms? Give me a break and do your F#%^& job like a professional.

Wow ! Have you REALLY flown the Cessna 140,150 AND the 152 ? Mind-numbing incredible stuff ! I hope I can be like you someday.....

Wow ! Have you REALLY flown the Cessna 140,150 AND the 152 ? Mind-numbing incredible stuff ! I hope I can be like you someday.....

I see you are a person of very deep thoughts! personal attack is all you got brother. see ya!

You must be a super pilot to pass that kind of judgment.

You must be a super pilot to pass that kind of judgment.

Did I pass judgment on that crew, or was I making a general comment on the state of the last several accidents and their CRV transcripts? If you think that I did, well you must think those CVR transcripts are ok?

Once again, you are attacking the messenger with childish comments and not looking at the message that is being sent from all of these accident CVR transcripts.

Don't abort after V1. Conversation while the parking brake is set is normal and harmless, unless you go off the end of the runway. Then, all the misinformed wieners will second guess all the things they know nothing about.

Did I pass judgment on that crew, or was I making a general comment on the state of the last several accidents and their CRV transcripts? If you think that I did, well you must think those CVR transcripts are ok?

Once again, you are attacking the messenger with childish comments and not looking at the message that is being sent from all of these accident CVR transcripts.

No-we're attacking a holier-than-thou pompous tool.Hey,did you not have space for all the PA28 series,like the PA28-180 AND the PA28-181 ? Now go check your tire pressure and report back on freq.

No-we're attacking a holier-than-thou pompous tool.Hey,did you not have space for all the PA28 series,like the PA28-180 AND the PA28-181 ? Now go check your tire pressure and report back on freq.

nope, I only put the ones I flew...Some of them 25 years ago. How about you? Why does that bother you, did you not fly some of these learning? Were you so good of a pilot that you went straight to that EMB170?

I am glad you can judge someone so easy....lets see what does pompous tool and holier-than-thou mean? and how did you figure that out without ever really having any clue about me. hmm...who is the real tool here.

you guys have fun over here! see ya!

Jesus they don't even need to investigate this he decided to sit in the cockpit and just talk...

Yep! Incredible. He could have at the very least kept quiet, ran the appropriate checklist. I mean, the FDR would have hung him anyway...but yeah...to come right out and say that yeah, I just decided to make a config change at 80 knots or so going down the runway.

Man, stop at 80 and re-group.

Latest resources

Back