• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

crw overrun transcript

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The procedure was for the FO to read off the data from the ACARS, and the Captain verifies the speeds on the PFD and the flap setting on the EICAS.

"seven point eight" is the trim setting. Our procedure is to select speed mode after the gear is retracted, and climb out at that to 1,000 above field elevation.

Is it 7.8, or 87.8? Aren't these V-speeds and N1 setting?

16 : 09 : 02
HOT-2 takeoff data forty four thousand pounds. flaps eight twenty seven twenty eight thirty four seventy three eighty seven point eight set.

I read that as 127, 128, 134, 173, 87.8. If so, what is the 173?

My bad. I read it at least 4 times trying to comprehend what was actually spoken on the CVR and written in the transcript (yes, I know they're the same). It's the way it was written threw me off. I understood "127, 128, 134, 173, 187, 7.8 set", and I now understand it as "(V1) 127, (VR) 128, (V2) 134, (VT) 173, (N1) 87.8 set". I kept seeing "seven" twice, I guess. It looks like it's time to get a new pair at WalMart.

Is it 7.8, or 87.8? Aren't these V-speeds and N1 setting?

I read that as 127, 128, 134, 173, 87.8. If so, what is the 173?
Sorry 87.8 is the N1 setting. I'm an FO and I don't read it as our manual didn''t specifically state for FOs to read it.

173 is Vfto. Final take off speed or final segment climb speed. Single engine clean climb speed at max continous thrust.

Last edited:
After V1, fly that bitch, flaps or no flaps. Planes love to fly after V1. That's why they start lifting their nose up when they close to it...

Latest resources

Back