Crappy Pay Offered At Nja

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
let's not distort the facts. 200k is for year 5 senority in retro pay.

I wonder if Duke ment two instead of to?

Anyways yes we are labor. Now that we got that figured out. What's next?

Meant that you do have some good ideas and when feasable they are incorporated into operations. But for every good suggestion, there are ten that do not work out.

Now 200K retro is the funniest thing we have ever heard. I sincerely hope that you do not have debt that you are expecting to clear with retro, unless it is about 25K. Chapter 11 isn't pretty for anyone. That's why it's good to keep your expectations and expenses in line.

dukeofdub said:
Now 200K retro is the funniest thing we have ever heard. I sincerely hope that you do not have debt that you are expecting to clear with retro, unless it is about 25K. Chapter 11 isn't pretty for anyone. That's why it's good to keep your expectations and expenses in line.

Please don't tell me I have to cancel my new BMW and the vacation in Fiji. I've been waiting sooooooo long. Boy, will Bambi be pissed.

FamilyGuy said:
Ahhhh....another fine ambassador for the union....

Of course you have an opinion....and you are entitled to it.

I served my country for over 8 years so that you could have your opinion. I did that service not because I agree with your opinion, but because I believe in the fundamental idea and concepts put forth in our constitution and bill of rights.

But here's the kicker for you....and this is where you'll find the MISTAKE in your argument that NetJets should pay you what you want or you'll shut it down....

One of the basic tenets of America is that people are free to do what they want so long as it DOES NOT IMPINGE ON THE GREATER GOOD AND WELFARE OF OTHERS. This is why you have the right to free speech but you cant yell FIRE in a crowded theater....it is detrimental to the greater good and welfare of others.

Your argument to pay me what I want or STFD parallels this closely....we have a 3 year employee that is willing to bankrupt a company and destroy the lives of THOUSANDS of employees and family members because you think you are entitled to a 100% pay increase AND a $200,000 signing bonus.

Well guess what....most of us that have been here for far longer than that are more interested in building a career here. We were working here long before you came, and we'll be here long after you leave...so go pillage somewhere else....

WHATEVER. You are without credibility. Are you dragging the Constitution into this!?! You are now like BB, in the corner with your eyes closed throwing punches hoping for the best. You might as well just yell the word, "Furlough", like he did last week. Pure gibberish. The first amendment has nothing to do with us being able to negotiate a fair paycheck. I know you are worried about your job. SO AM I! Please make an argument that the Supreme Court (because this is where matters of this nature end up, or at least real matters) would hear. None. Nada. Nothing ANY court would ever hear. Now you are the one who is emotional.

We are demanding a fair wage for our profession. You are not a pilot. You could have become one if you had the drive, ambition, and desire. You did not. So please do not lecture me. I know, bla bla bla, I knew what I was getting into. Sorry, for so many reasons that does not hold any water. BUT we are going to right a huge wrong. You have to deal with it. Sit back, do your job well so when this is done we can kick the crap out of the competition. But in the mean time, shut up, because you do not matter. See, you do not have a vote, even after 20 years. But that new hire with 1 month does.

BTW, thank you for your service. That is something I do respect. But your take on the Constitution is a bit misguided.

Fozzy said:
WHATEVER. You are without credibility. Are you dragging the Constitution into this!?! You are now like BB, in the corner with your eyes closed throwing punches hoping for the best. You might as well just yell the word, "Furlough", like he did last week. Pure gibberish.

If you want to talk about closing your eyes and throwing punches, then you should have responded to the following gem from yesterday:

abenaki said:
the professional propaganda spewing forth from Bridgeway Bob at CMH who, by the way, has a style very similar to Joseph Goebbels.....I hope he doesn't end up the same way......

Though I am seeing a pattern here.....abenaki compares Bridgeway Bob to Joseph Goebbels and B.O. makes the "you're either with us or against us" false dilemma speech....

hmmm....it sounds like both are part of moveon.org as this is a page directly out of their playbook to attack Bush.

Fracster said:
As for the ardent union supporters we got sick and tired of being abused and under paid for our services. We refused to play the arse kissing "A" team game NJA is famous or infamous for. The 3 to 5 year guys/gals have done more for this company than any of the 7, 8 or 9 year people.

This is pretty condescending, dont you think?

You quickly belittle the hard work and effort of the 7,8, and 9+ year people, but you forget they were the ones that helped build this company to its current point, and provided the opportunity you now enjoy.

So, are these the people you can do without, and dont want in your union?

FG posted:

Hog - so how would you classify the union's use of information related to Mr. Boisture's purported salary on this board?

I've seen the question asked, but never posted. I saw an educated guess at the number from a google search, but never an actual number. Really, Bill's golden parachute doesn't have any real bearing on what we are able to negotiate for.

It is interesting though that the average CEO pay for '04 was 401% over average worker pay. That is up 200% from '03. Do a google and confirm my numbers. So Bill is probably in line with the other boss men out there.

Last edited:
FamilyGuy said:
Hog - so how would you classify the union's use of information related to Mr. Boisture's purported salary on this board?

Hogprint said:
I've seen the question asked, but never posted. I saw an educated guess at the number from a google search, but never an actual number. Really, Bill's golden parachute doesn't have any real bearing on what we are able to negotiate for.

Come on Hog....dont stick your head in the sand on this one....

I find it implausible that you somehow missed all these posts, especially since you were posting in the same threads where these posts are found.....

Dixon[color=black said:
Dixon[color=black said:
Dixon[color=black said:
[/color]8-22-05
Boisture makes 1.2million, a man who has been this companies worst manager.

Sikntired said:
Sikntired said:
6-22-05
Boisture (notice I didn't call him Mr., because that would mean that I had some semblence of respect for him) is a hired gun who'll take his 1.2million and run sometime soon...unless Santulli dumps him first.

Abenaki said:
Abenaki said:
5-22-05
BB makes a reported $1.2 million a year!

Live4flyng said:
Live4flyng said:
5-03-05
Your President makes $1.2 million dollars a year in salary.

Hogprint said:
It is interesting though that the average CEO pay for '04 was 401% over average worker pay. That is up 200% from '03. Do a google and confirm my numbers. So Bill is probably in line with the other boss men out there.

Actually it's much higher than you indicate here....a 401% increase would mean that the average CEO is making around $120,000 per year, which we both know is not true.

I think you are refering to this article:
http://www.faireconomy.org/press/2005/EE2005_pr.html

which notes that CEO pay increased to 431 times the average worker pay....big difference from 401%

You've also misquoted the 200% increase since 2003....as you can see in the subtitle its actually "Biggest Defense Contractors Raise CEOs’ Pay 200% Since 9/11." Note that its just defense contractors and not all CEO's....and its specifically since 9/11, and we all know how the defense contractors have done since that date.

As for BB....since the average pilot here is making $60k (used middle of the range quoted by the union) that would mean he would have to be making over $25 million if he "was in line with the other boss men out there" as you claimed. Again, I highly doubt it.

To play devils advocate a bit...If we take the reported $1.2 million at face value, that would mean that BB would be making 20 times the current average pilot salary.... a far cry from the 431 times cited in the article.

For the record, I would agree that 431 times the average worker pay is excessive....but then again, I've never understood this fascination with making extreme amounts of money. What's the point if you cant even spend it all?

You should also know that Buffett has spoken out against this practice on several occasions as well.

Last edited:
Is this info any good? Which TA was this from and has the offer gotten better or worse?
FIRST OFFICER - 7on 7off SCHEDULE (All Classes)
YR1 - $ 33,500 Old YR1 - $ 27,108 ($6,392/yr Diff - $532/month add. pay)
YR2 - $ 34,760 Old YR2 - $ 28,368 ($6,392/yr Diff - $532/month add. pay)
YR3 - $ 36,020 Old YR3 - $ 29,628 ($6,392/yr Diff - $532/month add. pay)
YR4 - $ 37,280 Old YR4 - $ 30,888 ($6,392/yr Diff - $532/month add. pay)
YR5 - $ 38,540 Old YR5 - $ 32,160 ($6,380/yr Diff - $531/month add. pay)

FIRST OFFICER - RESERVE SCHEDULE (Old Flex) (All Classes)
YR1 - $ 39,000 Old YR1 - $ 32,364 ($6,636/yr Diff - $553/month add. pay)
YR2 - $ 40,260 Old YR2 - $ 33,624 ($6,636/yr Diff - $553/month add. pay)
YR3 - $ 41,520 Old YR3 - $ 34,884 ($6,636/yr Diff - $553/month add. pay)
YR4 - $ 42,780 Old YR4 - $ 36,144 ($6,636/yr Diff - $553/month add. pay)
YR5 - $ 44,040 Old YR5 - $ 37,404 ($6,636/yr Diff - $553/month add. pay)

CAPTAIN - 7on 7off SCHEDULE (ALL CLASSES)
YR1 - $ 41,500 Old YR1 - $ 37,560 ($3,940/yr Diff - $329/month add. pay)
YR2 - $ 44,000 Old YR2 - $ 39,816 ($4,184/yr Diff - $349/month add. pay)
YR3 - $ 53,000 Old YR3 - $ 47,208 ($5,792/yr Diff - $483/month add. pay)
YR4 - $ 65,000 Old YR4 - $ 57,996 ($7,004/yr Diff - $584/month add. pay)
YR5 - $ 69,000 Old YR5 - $ 60,984 ($8,016/yr Diff - $668/month add. pay)
YR6 - $ 71,500 Old YR6 - $ 64,188 ($7,312/yr Diff - $610/month add. pay)
YR7 - $ 74,000 Old YR7 - $ 67,560 ($6,440/yr Diff - $537/month add. pay)
YR8 - $ 80,000 Old YR8 - $ 74,496 ($5,504/yr Diff - $459/month add. pay)

CAPTAIN - RESERVE SCHEDULE (Old FLEX) (ALL CLASSES)
YR1 - $ 52,500 Old YR1 - $ 48,060 ($4,440/yr Diff - $370/month add. pay)
YR2 - $ 55,000 Old YR2 - $ 50,316 ($4,684/yr Diff - $391/month add. pay)
YR3 - $ 64,000 Old YR3 - $ 57,708 ($6,292/yr Diff - $525/month add. pay)
YR4 - $ 76,000 Old YR4 - $ 68,496 ($7,504/yr Diff - $626/month add. pay)
YR5 - $ 80,000 Old YR5 - $ 71,484 ($8,516/yr Diff - $710/month add. pay)
YR6 - $ 82,500 Old YR6 - $ 74,688 ($7,812/yr Diff - $651/month add. pay)
YR7 - $ 85,000 Old YR7 - $ 78,060 ($6,940/yr Diff - $579/month add. pay)
YR8 - $ 91,000 Old YR8 - $ 84,996 ($6,004/yr Diff - $501/month add. pay)

Last edited:
FG,

Don’t forget about the additional perks that moisture gets. What do you think those flights from his home cost us?

The spins keep on turning.

Please present all of the facts.

Latest resources

Back