Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
steel said:
FG,
Don’t forget about the additional perks that moisture gets. What do you think those flights from his home cost us?

Please present all of the facts.

Steel - welcome back...I didnt think you'd be back after you failed to respond to the questions I posed to you.

As for the additional perks for BB...give me some details. Are these included in the pay package total that the union is reporting or not? I assume you are not talking about his house here in Columbus, so what house are you talking about? Where is it located?

Now, while you are working on that, maybe you could get around to answering the questions that I posed to you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel
Next, as you would have known had you been here more than two years, we were indeed aware of what the pay was when we came here. We were also aware of what we were promised by RTS himself prior to you coming to this once great company. Ask around, do some research, and please get facts before trying to explain your very weak, union busting spun argument.

Ahh...the infamous RTS speech....so what figure did RTS promise you? (exact number please)

What figure did your union build it up to over the last 4 years?

It seems to me that you're the victim of inflated expectations.

I've watched people pump up the expected payday for the last 4 years on this board....to the point that any reasonable offer by the company is quickly scoffed at because it suffers in comparison to that 100% increase you've convinced yourselves that you deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel
Next, relevance should equal contributions expected. Example, pay should be commensurate with responsibility (read safety, customer service, fixing owner service's lies). This is where the management 101 books would help you. I seem to remember you barraging someone else on this board about missing class.

I'm glad you brought this up steel. If you had been paying attention you would realize that I addressed this topic just 3 short days ago in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyGuy
The overall point is that LIFE IS NOT FAIR. If we are going to pay all jobs according to levels of responsibility then in my opinion, none of us would make more money than teachers, police officers, and fire fighters. No athlete or CEO would make more money than the President of the United States. Our military would make more money than it does. The list is very long.......

Now...seeing as how our pilots average pay exceeds teachers, police officers, and firefighters, I'm sure you will be willing to live up to your own words and donate all of your excess salary to charity.....right?

Oh, and by the way, it also means you wont need that REASONABLE raise the company offered you....right?

I noticed you side-stepped the heart of my question in the original post, namely -
  • What makes a 3 year employee think they are owed anything?
  • Where does this sense of entitlement come from? They didnt build this company. They weren't here for the last contract. They weren't even here when it became amendable.
  • Why should a 40+ year old company mortgage its future and cave into the demands of a bunch of 3 year employees that are just looking for a quick payday before they jump ship and try to bankrupt another company?

This company is doomed on it's curent course. Boisture better hurry with a real offer worth countering. Tick, tock.

Well, there FG, I thought I answered all of your questions in the first post. Wow. Anyway, while we're on the subject of allegedly "dancing around questions", how long have you been here? How long has your union busting firm been contracted now? How much money has NJ spent on your useless chatter?

Why do you think I was inferring about some speech Santulli made? I wasn’t writing about that. Assume all you want.

What makes you think a three year guy isn’t owed anything? What kind of question is that?

Again, how long have you been here? What have you done to help build this fine customer service, oversold, ego buying airplane establishment?

If you think this company needs to mortgage anything, then I feel sorry for you. Maybe they told you that, so they wouldn’t have to pay your exuberant wages your company demanded.

I didn’t sidestep any questions. I just thought maybe you would be smart enough to figure it out on your own. Please, send more.

STFD

No. That is a comparison of the POS TA that was rejected a year ago... and the Current CBA>

flyjetspeed said:
Is this info any good? Which TA was this from and has the offer gotten better or worse?
FIRST OFFICER - 7on 7off SCHEDULE (All Classes)
YR1 - $ 33,500 Old YR1 - $ 27,108 ($6,392/yr Diff - $532/month add. pay)
YR2 - $ 34,760 Old YR2 - $ 28,368 ($6,392/yr Diff - $532/month add. pay)
YR3 - $ 36,020 Old YR3 - $ 29,628 ($6,392/yr Diff - $532/month add. pay)
YR4 - $ 37,280 Old YR4 - $ 30,888 ($6,392/yr Diff - $532/month add. pay)
YR5 - $ 38,540 Old YR5 - $ 32,160 ($6,380/yr Diff - $531/month add. pay)

FIRST OFFICER - RESERVE SCHEDULE (Old Flex) (All Classes)
YR1 - $ 39,000 Old YR1 - $ 32,364 ($6,636/yr Diff - $553/month add. pay)
YR2 - $ 40,260 Old YR2 - $ 33,624 ($6,636/yr Diff - $553/month add. pay)
YR3 - $ 41,520 Old YR3 - $ 34,884 ($6,636/yr Diff - $553/month add. pay)
YR4 - $ 42,780 Old YR4 - $ 36,144 ($6,636/yr Diff - $553/month add. pay)
YR5 - $ 44,040 Old YR5 - $ 37,404 ($6,636/yr Diff - $553/month add. pay)

CAPTAIN - 7on 7off SCHEDULE (ALL CLASSES)
YR1 - $ 41,500 Old YR1 - $ 37,560 ($3,940/yr Diff - $329/month add. pay)
YR2 - $ 44,000 Old YR2 - $ 39,816 ($4,184/yr Diff - $349/month add. pay)
YR3 - $ 53,000 Old YR3 - $ 47,208 ($5,792/yr Diff - $483/month add. pay)
YR4 - $ 65,000 Old YR4 - $ 57,996 ($7,004/yr Diff - $584/month add. pay)
YR5 - $ 69,000 Old YR5 - $ 60,984 ($8,016/yr Diff - $668/month add. pay)
YR6 - $ 71,500 Old YR6 - $ 64,188 ($7,312/yr Diff - $610/month add. pay)
YR7 - $ 74,000 Old YR7 - $ 67,560 ($6,440/yr Diff - $537/month add. pay)
YR8 - $ 80,000 Old YR8 - $ 74,496 ($5,504/yr Diff - $459/month add. pay)

CAPTAIN - RESERVE SCHEDULE (Old FLEX) (ALL CLASSES)
YR1 - $ 52,500 Old YR1 - $ 48,060 ($4,440/yr Diff - $370/month add. pay)
YR2 - $ 55,000 Old YR2 - $ 50,316 ($4,684/yr Diff - $391/month add. pay)
YR3 - $ 64,000 Old YR3 - $ 57,708 ($6,292/yr Diff - $525/month add. pay)
YR4 - $ 76,000 Old YR4 - $ 68,496 ($7,504/yr Diff - $626/month add. pay)
YR5 - $ 80,000 Old YR5 - $ 71,484 ($8,516/yr Diff - $710/month add. pay)
YR6 - $ 82,500 Old YR6 - $ 74,688 ($7,812/yr Diff - $651/month add. pay)
YR7 - $ 85,000 Old YR7 - $ 78,060 ($6,940/yr Diff - $579/month add. pay)
YR8 - $ 91,000 Old YR8 - $ 84,996 ($6,004/yr Diff - $501/month add. pay)

steel said:
Well, there FG, I thought I answered all of your questions in the first post. Wow. Anyway, while we're on the subject of allegedly "dancing around questions", how long have you been here? How long has your union busting firm been contracted now? How much money has NJ spent on your useless chatter?

As I've stated several times before, I am a long term NetJets employee here in CMH - more than 5 years, and less than 10. How about you? I guess it makes you feel better to tell yourselves that anyone who disagrees with you works for some union busting firm....whatever you need to do to sleep at night.

As for pay, I dont get paid by anyone to post here. I do it to provide a counter balance to the incessant union bashing of what is, in truth, a very good company. As I've stated several times in the past, if anyone should pay me it should be the union, since I'm giving you a free critique of your arguments and pointing out the flaws in your reasoning.

FamilyGuy said:
Ahh...the infamous RTS speech....so what figure did RTS promise you? (exact number please)

steel said:
Why do you think I was inferring about some speech Santulli made? I wasn’t writing about that. Assume all you want.

I didn’t sidestep any questions.

I take it you voted for Clinton with that response.

Come on, its a simple question - What figure did RTS promise the pilots? (exact number please)

FamilyGuy said:
Now...seeing as how our pilots average pay exceeds teachers, police officers, and firefighters, I'm sure you will be willing to live up to your own words and donate all of your excess salary to charity.....right?

Oh, and by the way, it also means you wont need that REASONABLE raise the company offered you....right?

steel said:

Another simple question. Any answers?

FamilyGuy said:
What makes a 3 year employee think they are owed anything?
Where does this sense of entitlement come from? They didnt build this company. They weren't here for the last contract. They weren't even here when it became amendable.
Why should a 40+ year old company mortgage its future and cave into the demands of a bunch of 3 year employees that are just looking for a quick payday before they jump ship and try to bankrupt another company?

steel said:
What makes you think a three year guy isn’t owed anything? What kind of question is that?

More simple questions. Answers?

steel said:
Again, how long have you been here? What have you done to help build this fine customer service, oversold, ego buying airplane establishment?

Again...I'm a long term employee here in CMH...I've been here more than 5 years, and less than 10....how about you?

I've actually worked in a lot of different departments over the years, and my work has been well regarded and complimented by people in all depts...including the pilot group.

steel said:
If you think this company needs to mortgage anything, then I feel sorry for you. Maybe they told you that, so they wouldn’t have to pay your exuberant wages your company demanded.

Exuberant wages? Did you try and roll out the thesaurus for that one? Why dont you try exorbitant? It will work much better.

FamilyGuy said:
Now...seeing as how our pilots average pay exceeds teachers, police officers, and firefighters

[font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Police Sergeant [/font][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25th%ile [/font][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Median [/font][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]75th%ile
[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Los Angeles, CA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$56,453[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$64,196[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$71,893[/font]
[font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New York, NY[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$58,503[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$66,527[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$74,504[/font]
Teacher - High School
[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Los Angeles, CA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$42,919[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$54,168[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$63,626[/font] [font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New York, NY[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$44,478[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$56,135[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$65,937[/font]
Principal
[/font]
[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Los Angeles, CA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$64,230[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$78,326[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$95,303[/font] [font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New York, NY [/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$66,562[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$81,170 [/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$98,764[/font]
Fire Fighter
[/font] [font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Los Angeles, CA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$31,283[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$41,710[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$52,138[/font]

[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] New York, NY[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$32,419[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$43,225[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$54,031[/font]
NetJets Pilot
[/font]
[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gateway, USA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$57,996[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$60,984[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$64,188[/font]

Try again...

Depends on your definition of "REASONABLE." Nope, don't need their last offer.

Oh, and just for fun:

Captain/PIC (Small Jet) [font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25th%ile [/font] [font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Median [/font] [font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]75th%ile
[/font] [font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] New York, NY[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$97,097[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$113,099[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$134,543[/font]

[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Los Angeles, CA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$93,694[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$109,136[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$129,828[/font]

[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the United States[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$86,028[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$101,574[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$122,487[/font]

Here's the job description these salaries are based on:

[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ensures that trip of assigned flight (aircraft smaller than 12,500 pounds at takeoff) is conducted in the safest manner possible....

I'd be pretty happy with the national average pay, and we don't even have any of those <12,500 jets...
[/font]

Last edited:
I feel like I've walked into a room full of 3rd graders...

Last edited:
steel said:
FG,

Don’t forget about the additional perks that moisture gets. What do you think those flights from his home cost us?

A lot less than the contracted recovery we send when an airplane 'breaks' because of a dim 'push button to flush toilet' light.

Ultra Grump said:
[font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Police Sergeant [/font][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25th%ile [/font][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Median [/font][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]75th%ile
[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Los Angeles, CA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$56,453[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$64,196[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$71,893[/font]
[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New York, NY[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$58,503[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$66,527[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$74,504[/font]
Teacher - High School
[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Los Angeles, CA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$42,919[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$54,168[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$63,626[/font] [font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New York, NY[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$44,478[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$56,135[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$65,937[/font]
Principal
[/font]
[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Los Angeles, CA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$64,230[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$78,326[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$95,303[/font] [font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New York, NY [/font][font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$66,562[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$81,170 [/font][font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$98,764[/font]
Fire Fighter
[/font][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Los Angeles, CA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$31,283[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$41,710[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$52,138[/font]

[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New York, NY[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$32,419[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$43,225[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$54,031[/font]
NetJets Pilot
[/font]
[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gateway, USA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$57,996[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$60,984[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$64,188[/font]

Try again...

Depends on your definition of "REASONABLE." Nope, don't need their last offer.

Try apples to apples not apples to oranges. If you were to compare a police SGT to a pilot then you would have to move up to chief pilot.

If you want to compare the principle to a pilot then you move to the director of operations.

Why don't you post what a "line" officer makes? I believe FG's point was right on the mark.

The Truth Hurts

TTC

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back