Congrats AWA MEC......................

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetMonkey said:
They were?? the order came out earlier this year, the merger was official back in Sep 05.

Well, you're wrong there. The order was placed back in late '03. These planes are a part of the original order that included the 170's. The AAA MEC did not assert this fact hard enough in the arbitration or the transition agreement. These were not new aircraft. period.

ALGFLYR said:
Well, you're wrong there. The order was placed back in late '03. These planes are a part of the original order that included the 170's. The AAA MEC did not assert this fact hard enough in the arbitration or the transition agreement. These were not new aircraft. period.

So ALGFLYER,

What mainline aircraft did you fly ???

Doug Parker said:
Hey BubbaHog,

Maybe you should read the Arbitration Proceedings under ISSUES - #5 before you open your trap about this arbitration being used in the integration.

Maybe you should refer to section 4.D of the TA which allows this. This was referenced in the E190 arbitration under issues # 5. Hopefully this will clear things up for you.

abefly said:
Bubba Dog said:
I hate to say it but you guys did it to your selfs. The furloughees are almost guaranteed a slotting integration now because of the west MEC's decisions.[/quote]

Now that is the most entertaining thing I have heard on here in a long time. You feel that the furloughed people should come ahead of active pilots Bubba? Is that what you are hoping for? To screw all the America West Pilots!

I never said ahead,just follow ALPA merger procedures which will probably result in some slotting. I have been involved with AAA since 89 and I don't think I deserve to be stapled to the bottom. The E190 arbitrator seemed to support that as the split was 1/3 vs 2/3. The only way you can obtain those numbers is to include the furloughees.

Bubba Dog said:
abefly said:
I never said ahead,just follow ALPA merger procedures which will probably result in some slotting. I have been involved with AAA since 89 and I don't think I deserve to be stapled to the bottom. The E190 arbitrator seemed to support that as the split was 1/3 vs 2/3. The only way you can obtain those numbers is to include the furloughees.

This may or may not be true but the only guidelines the arbitrator had for the 190's was the transition agreement. The senority integration has alpa's merger policy as a guideline. And the fact is that you had no carrer expectation prior to this merger. I do feel for those of you who are furloughed but you should and will not benefit at my expense!

Bubba Dog said:
Doug Parker said:
Hey BubbaHog,

Maybe you should read the Arbitration Proceedings under ISSUES - #5 before you open your trap about this arbitration being used in the integration.

Maybe you should refer to section 4.D of the TA which allows this. This was referenced in the E190 arbitration under issues # 5. Hopefully this will clear things up for you.

I was referring to the precedent being (not) set by the Arbitrator's ruling on integration of the 2 lists.

Again, read Issues #5 about no precedent being set - we're still using ALPA merger policy - and we know what career expectations of the AAA group was.

Bubba Dog said:
The distribution of E190 flying is fair when you consider the ratio of east vs west pilot numbers.
I didn't say it was unfair. I don't like it but that's irrelevant.
As a matter of fact when you factor in the furloughed it is exactly 1/3 vs 2/3.
The arbitrator's award makes no mention of the furloughees.
The west should have took the original offer from the east of 60/40.
Funny, I thought it was the East that withdrew the offer.
The furloughees are almost guaranteed a slotting integration now because of the west MEC's decisions.
Try not to confuse opinion with fact. Good luck.

Doug Parker said:
Bubba Dog said:
I was referring to the precedent being (not) set by the Arbitrator's ruling on integration of the 2 lists.

Again, read Issues #5 about no precedent being set - we're still using ALPA merger policy - and we know what career expectations of the AAA group was.

If you study other awards you will notice precedence being used over and over again. I will agree expectations were uncertain but we will never know what would have happened. One thing is for sure,ALPA merger policy will be followed and subject to immense interpretation and precedent. You have to agree the flying was divided 1/3 2/3 in the E190 case. I guarranty you the arbitrator WILL reference that award and will factor heavily in his award in my opinion.

TWA Dude said:
I didn't say it was unfair. I don't like it but that's irrelevant.The arbitrator's award makes no mention of the furloughees.Funny, I thought it was the East that withdrew the offer.Try not to confuse opinion with fact. Good luck.

You are definetely correct about "opinion". You seem like a decent guy and look forward to working with you in the future.

abefly said:
Bubba Dog said:
This may or may not be true but the only guidelines the arbitrator had for the 190's was the transition agreement. The senority integration has alpa's merger policy as a guideline. And the fact is that you had no carrer expectation prior to this merger. I do feel for those of you who are furloughed but you should and will not benefit at my expense!

Nor will you benefit at my expense.

Latest resources

Back