Congrats AWA MEC......................

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bubba Dog said:
Does it actually give x number of aircraft or crews designated to the west side and can go no lower?
It does give a minimum number of aircraft and is currently in compliance.

break

Itsallsogood: nope.

Airline mergers are a lose/lose situation for most employees. Everyone in this business who has any sense knows this. That said, when the merger was announced, most, if not all, pilots from both airlines got on the boards and started touting their futures. Both employee groups were excited at the prospect of better opportunities: AWA because they could now (eventually) go international, and USAirways because they were no longer looking at a total liquidation.

Now the reality for employees are setting in that merging lists are generally not lucrative for either group involved. So where was the rage when the merger was announced? You guys let management shove these deals down your throat because you're focused on the additional flying you might get. When things don't work to your favor you whine.

Well said .....
whymeworry? said:
Airline mergers are a lose/lose situation for most employees. Everyone in this business who has any sense knows this. That said, when the merger was announced, most, if not all, pilots from both airlines got on the boards and started touting their futures. Both employee groups were excited at the prospect of better opportunities: AWA because they could now (eventually) go international, and USAirways because they were no longer looking at a total liquidation.

Now the reality for employees are setting in that merging lists are generally not lucrative for either group involved. So where was the rage when the merger was announced? You guys let management shove these deals down your throat because you're focused on the additional flying you might get. When things don't work to your favor you whine.

whymeworry? said:
So where was the rage when the merger was announced?
Uh, I guess you weren't talking to any AWA guys back then. I know very few who were happy about it. I know I wasn't. However, unlike some, I saw no point in posting hate letters on message boards.
You guys let management shove these deals down your throat because you're focused on the additional flying you might get.
"Let" them? We don't run the airline. Short of employing a "nuclear" option there was little to be done to prevent the merger.
When things don't work to your favor you whine.
Wow, I guess pilots truly are different from everyone else!

whymeworry? said:

............:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
I went whitewater rafting once. It was sometimes boring, sometimes exhilarating, occasionally scary, and only semi-pedictable...even though it was all on the same river. Others were on the same river, but experienced differing amounts of excitement, frustration, and reward. All of us got wet...with some handling it badly. (I don't think they thought they'd ever get wet) Some actually didn't make it to the take-out point.

I tried to have fun the whole time. I mean, after all...I chose to go rafting.

Occam's Razor said:
I went whitewater rafting once. It was sometimes boring, sometimes exhilarating, occasionally scary, and only semi-pedictable...even though it was all on the same river. Others were on the same river, but experienced differing amounts of excitement, frustration, and reward. All of us got wet...with some handling it badly. (I don't think they thought they'd ever get wet) Some actually didn't make it to the take-out point.

I tried to have fun the whole time. I mean, after all...I chose to go rafting.

Was this one of those long trips where you have to poop in a 5-gallon bucket and take it with you? Just curious.

Latest resources

Back