Congrats AWA MEC......................

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ReverseSensing said:
Was this one of those long trips where you have to poop in a 5-gallon bucket and take it with you? Just curious.

Exactly! I try to have as little negative impact on the environment as possible, but...you know...sometimes it's hard.

My fellow rafters over at USAirways and America West (two fine airlines) are kinda splashing each other right now. (it has something to do with what they expect around the next bend)

It's like leaving your feet on the brakes during a cat shot.

Doesn't slow you down 1 knot...but it's colorful and expensive.

Sooo....
The East won this one... sort of..
And they will try to Get DOH in the Seniority integration.. So what...
We will try and get the best deal we can....

We all have to remember that the end goal is to not lose the battle with management and not each other..

I do not trust the west mec to effectively launch Section 6 to our benefit..I would trust the East mec(look at how they've been winning so far) more to negotiate pay and QOL for me..

Neither one is any bargain when you come right down to it.Westies are defiantly bonafide members of 'The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight',while the Easties according to one of their former MEC Chairman I was talking to jumpseating to work one day "....gave away more than they needed to" in BK reorganization (his words,not mine). My guess when it is all said and done and we are operating as one airline is that there will probably be an ALPA decertification drive. It was tried several years ago at AWA and failed,but this time I think there is enough disgust in ALPA on both sides of the fence that this time it just might fly. Hope I'm wrong.

PHXFLYR

PHXFLYR said:
My guess when it is all said and done and we are operating as one airline is that there will probably be an ALPA decertification drive. It was tried several years ago at AWA and failed,but this time I think there is enough disgust in ALPA on both sides of the fence that this time it just might fly.
When was the last time an airline decertified ALPA? APA in 1963? How much better did that make things at AA? (The more things change, the more they stay the same.) I just laugh at talk of decertification. It's pure scapegoat-ism. Bringing in another union will change nothing since it's a power vacuum that's causing the problems in the first place. To paraphrase Churchill, ALPA is the worst union in the world; except for all the rest.

I'm afraid ALPA is a necessary evil.

On another note why do you west dudes think you lost so much? If you could do it all over again with the east in the 757 and E190 situation,what would have you done differently?

Have you west dudes heard of any recalls lately that might be coming to your side of the fence?

TWA Dude said:
When was the last time an airline decertified ALPA? APA in 1963? How much better did that make things at AA? (The more things change, the more they stay the same.) I just laugh at talk of decertification. It's pure scapegoat-ism. Bringing in another union will change nothing since it's a power vacuum that's causing the problems in the first place. To paraphrase Churchill, ALPA is the worst union in the world; except for all the rest.

Well... They are the best paid in the industry right now

I think we should decertify ALPA and get an in-house union - that way when there is another merger (acquisition) - we can tack em on the bottom like TWA.

This wasn't a lose for the AWA group....the airplanes were ordered before the merger. Therefore, you have no right to any of it. You get some of the jobs....be happy about it. Further, I don't see too many AWA folks wanting to commute to PHL.

I can imagine that AWA, with all their "growth" before the merger, gladly handing the east guys a bone with a few "jobs" from their newly acquired Airbus airplanes, right? Wrong.

All complaining aside....you all work for a profitable company right now that has the means to buy some more jets to make your airline a little more efficient which should mean better security and more jobs. Does that mean anything to any of you or are you going to complain until you retire?

A350

You dumbass - read the TA - all growth aircraft should have been split 50-50.

There was also a minimum # of aircraft specified for each side - AWA is below the benchmark - AAA is above - we should have crewed 2.5 757s and half of the 190s.

Oh well, I'm sure we can all give JR a big thanks when we see him in the terminal !!!

Latest resources

Back