• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

0 for 2

Time to Play hardball or the one that really counts will make it 0 for 3

Last edited:
Doug Parker said:

Time to Play hardball

That train has already left the station.

The time to start the hardball was the day after the merger was announced. When our union leadership went to PIT with their half-backed seniority proposal, you should have known that they had no concept of the arena they were playing in.

Some of us who've seen the movie before tried to tell them, but they were so much smarter.

Doug Parker said:
0 for 2
I guess you're a genious who can suggest exactly how the AWA MEC could've done this better?

Shame on me for replying to a notorious flame-baiter.

Well, it seems the arbi-traitor seems to go halfway between the 2 sides.

Seems like we should've said US Furloughways got 10 Capt + 10 FO slots. Then maybe the arbitrator would've gone "OK, 50-50"

It seems like this playing nice bull******************** ain't ********************ing workin.......

Just like our stance should be a Staple Job - that way when the arbitrator splits the difference, we get a reasonable list, i.e. relative seniority

AAA-3 AWA-0

1. AWA pilots did not need or want this merger, we were growing and upgrading till this went down, AAA needed this or the street.

2. 757 growth flying, all to AAA, we get an IOU for some future date.

3. E-190 growth flying, all to AAA, we get an IOU and less than 40% of actual flying ratio.

I thought with an IOU you get interest for the loan, AAA pays nothing and gets it all and no bump/flush. I only hope we drag out the contract for several years and get our raises in JAN. and let the East get the flying but suffer under LOA93 till we see fit to let them out of that POS.

Carl S. said:
AAA-3 AWA-0

1. AWA pilots did not need or want this merger, we were growing and upgrading till this went down, AAA needed this or the street.

2. 757 growth flying, all to AAA, we get an IOU for some future date.

3. E-190 growth flying, all to AAA, we get an IOU and less than 40% of actual flying ratio.

I thought with an IOU you get interest for the loan, AAA pays nothing and gets it all and no bump/flush. I only hope we drag out the contract for several years and get our raises in JAN. and let the East get the flying but suffer under LOA93 till we see fit to let them out of that POS.

Be careful what you wish for. There is nothing to say that the west cannot be continually pulled down and the east grown dramatically because of the cost difference.

Bubba Dog said:
There is nothing to say that the west cannot be continually pulled down and the east grown dramatically because of the cost difference.
Actually, there is. It's called the Transition Agreement and the Company signed it.

TWA Dude said:
Actually, there is. It's called the Transition Agreement and the Company signed it.

Does it actually give x number of aircraft or crews designated to the west side and can go no lower?

TWA Dude said:

Nothing else has been followed in the ********************ing TA - why start now ???

Latest resources

Back