• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass new bases after Delta NW Merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not soon enough Billy, not soon enough. I should have tried to come back to PDT and sat eternal reserve in LGA or SYR. That would have been better than COMPOST. Plus the Dash is much better than the ERJ. I should have collected unemployment versus getting a job flying for the mesa of Delta.

Hey quit now before you have your type rating and things will be all good.

The contract was negotiated by NWA guys before any of us were here.

The training is a huge joke. When and if you get on line I am sure your interpretation of Compass will change.

But comparing us with Mesa that is a joke. We might lack some contract items.

Seriously if you hate this place leave so some one who is looking for a job can take ur place

With regard to the day rooms for crewmembers it's true the contract specifies only one for the crew, or per each gender group... but last time this happened which was on Tuesday, we each had our own rooms at the radisson.

The contract definitely has some holes in it though, it was not negotiated by any compass line pilots and it shows.

The training is a huge joke. When and if you get on line I am sure your interpretation of Compass will change.

Seriously if you hate this place leave so some one who is looking for a job can take ur place

Amen to that.

The "regional standard" here at COMPOST is horrible. No trip or duty rigs, min day is way too low, only one day room for the entire crew, but no if there is a crew room, company doesn't pay for the doctor if they make you go when you call in sick, 75 pay for second sick call, 50 pay for third sick call, etc. Who the heck thought it was a good idea to allow the company to make captains fly as copilots?? This is a safety issue that no credible pilot group/union should allow. It also keeps staffing levels lower. This is the type of stuff you see at Mesa. Previous regionals I have flown for had much better contracts. It is just sad to see such weak pay and work rules negotiated outside of bankruptcy or financial burden. How can we all be happy with this disgusting way of life we have created? It is embarassing to tell a captain while jumpseating I work for Compass. Usually followed by how much are you guys making to fly that thing? Maybe one day pilots will figure out how to make money instead of giving it all to the company.
WOW! Maybe you should quit while you are ahead. Wallmart is hiring.

The "regional standard" here at COMPOST is horrible. No trip or duty rigs, min day is way too low, only one day room for the entire crew, but no if there is a crew room, company doesn't pay for the doctor if they make you go when you call in sick, 75 pay for second sick call, 50 pay for third sick call, etc. Who the heck thought it was a good idea to allow the company to make captains fly as copilots?? This is a safety issue that no credible pilot group/union should allow. It also keeps staffing levels lower. This is the type of stuff you see at Mesa. Previous regionals I have flown for had much better contracts. It is just sad to see such weak pay and work rules negotiated outside of bankruptcy or financial burden. How can we all be happy with this disgusting way of life we have created? It is embarassing to tell a captain while jumpseating I work for Compass. Usually followed by how much are you guys making to fly that thing? Maybe one day pilots will figure out how to make money instead of giving it all to the company.

As said before, the contract isn't the best by any means. At the same time, if you are so embarrassed, go somewhere else. Coming on this board to bitch and then stay there through training shows your true character. Oh and you got the contract the first week of indoc. You obviously read it, and if it sucks so bad, QUIT. Problem solved. Everybody comes from somewhere else. My previous contract was much better too but that company is also laying people off as yours obviously is as well. Mesaba and GoJet are hiring. Go there. If you don't like it, change it. If you can't change it, then get out of it. There are plenty of folks hoping for your job even if it does suck in your eyes

Already got the type chief! If I quit who will complain and try to change things? Nobody because apparently everyone is happy with "the mesa like contract." If you want all of us who give a crap about this industry to quit then you will continuoulsly work for crappy wages and work rules. I would have thought all you "senior" compost pilots would welcome all of us who want to make this place better. Just goes to show how little you care about improving our industry. I promise I will leave as soon as I get my call back.

As said before, the contract isn't the best by any means. At the same time, if you are so embarrassed, go somewhere else. Coming on this board to bitch and then stay there through training shows your true character. Oh and you got the contract the first week of indoc. You obviously read it, and if it sucks so bad, QUIT. Problem solved. Everybody comes from somewhere else. My previous contract was much better too but that company is also laying people off as yours obviously is as well. Mesaba and GoJet are hiring. Go there. If you don't like it, change it. If you can't change it, then get out of it. There are plenty of folks hoping for your job even if it does suck in your eyes

I am trying to change it, but apparently current compost pilots on this board are upset at me for pointing out the numerous flaws over here. Character has nothing to do with it, it is all about paying bills and trying to make things better. Trying to get other pilots to realize it doesn't have to be this crappy. Real airlines have real work rules and respectable wages.

But I thought you guys over at Compass were "technically mainline?" I mean, you share the same MEC and all. By the looks of your contract (loosely based on the current Pinnacle one) it sure looks like your brothers have got your best interest at hand.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! That is awesome! Too funny my friend. I have met many guys who keep saying we are stapled to the bottom of the list. "We got our seniority numbers already." Believe it when you see it. Kind of like Q400s at PDT.

Latest resources

Back