• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass new bases after Delta NW Merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh I get it! I was just pointing out the ignorance of many.

I'm not going to tell you things are perfect, they are not. There's plenty of room for improvement. But before you start running your mouth about what a terrible company it is and how stupid everyone is that works there, and how little they care, I have a suggestion: Finish training and actually fly for the company first! After that, feel free to continue your rant.

I'm not going to tell you things are perfect, they are not. There's plenty of room for improvement. But before you start running your mouth about what a terrible company it is and how stupid everyone is that works there, and how little they care, I have a suggestion: Finish training and actually fly for the company first! After that, feel free to continue your rant.

I never said everyone is stupid, just underpaid and working under a crappy contract. Take it easy, this is not a personal attack just a little fire to get everyone to want to change things. I will continue to want better even during training. Still a terrible company. You will realize this once you work for a good company.

Ugh, if you're gonna be an idiot on this board I wish you'd not have a screenname connecting you to UND. We dirty undies have a bad enough rep as-is.

Look man, I know our contract sucks, and I know QOL is going downhill here. Our management is certainly starting to show their redtail roots. However, I don't start attacking my coworkers because of it. Just because we don't have people getting hysterical on flightinfo doesn't mean we're not wholly aware of the problems. None of us voted for this POS contract, and the fact that it's not ammendable for another 5 yrs doesn't mean we're not willing to do our part to improve things. Do you know we have over 40 ALPA volunteers? That's pretty significant for an airline this small. Are you volunteering for ALPA? Hmmm?

I think the reason you're seeing resistance from CPS pilots on this board is not that they disagree with you that there's problems here. I know who many of these guys are and I've had discussions with them in person about the problems. However, it is pretty grating to see a FNG who's not even on the line yet get online and start throwing bombs, including the accusation that the rest of us are content to eat a $hit sandwich. I think the general attitude is: spend a few bids in our shoes, and THEN you can talk.

BTW, it's compASS, not compost. Didn't Jammin' teach you anything!? ;-)

PS - I have friends who work for PDT and I think most would giggle at your "good company" comment. I came from QX - not that it's important, but you seem to think so.

Last edited:
Ugh, if you're gonna be an idiot on this board I wish you'd not have a screenname connecting you to UND. We dirty undies have a bad enough rep as-is.

Look man, I know our contract sucks, and I know QOL is going downhill here. Our management is certainly starting to show their redtail roots. However, I don't start attacking my coworkers because of it. Just because we don't have people getting hysterical on flightinfo doesn't mean we're not wholly aware of the problems. None of us voted for this POS contract, and the fact that it's not ammendable for another 5 yrs doesn't mean we're not willing to do our part to improve things. Do you know we have over 40 ALPA volunteers? That's pretty significant for an airline this small. Are you volunteering for ALPA? Hmmm?

I think the reason you're seeing resistance from CPS pilots on this board is not that they disagree with you that there's problems here. I know who many of these guys are and I've had discussions with them in person about the problems. However, it is pretty grating to see a FNG who's not even on the line yet get online and start throwing bombs, including the accusation that the rest of us are content to eat a $hit sandwich. I think the general attitude is: spend a few bids in our shoes, and THEN you can talk.

BTW, it's compASS, not compost. Didn't Jammin' teach you anything!? ;-)

PS - I have friends who work for PDT and I think most would giggle at your "good company" comment. I came from QX - not that it's important, but you seem to think so.

I am not "attacking my coworkers." I am trying to point out to many how crappy compost really is. Trying to tell the young guys that are trying to get a commuter airline job that there are much better places. QX, PDT, ARW, XJT, etc. Not important where we all came from, but it is important for those of us that came from somewhere much better to inform those that didn't have the privelege to see what it is like to work under a "good" contract. I think you are doing your pilot group a disservice by not telling them what we have is unacceptable that way when we do go to negotiate we are all fired up to do what is right and not waste valuable time informing while the company stalls and makes us work under the current crappy contract. I don't need to "fly to line" at compost to realize the company is crap and so is the contract. I have put my years in at many other airlines and I have earned the right to complain about my QOL. In fact even a new guy has that right no matter their experience level. I will continue to express my concerns and I wish more would. It is sad that you guys already here aren't complaining. As for the 40 volunteers I am glad to see there is some, but 40 is not enough. 40 is a good start and once I get out of training, assuming I don't get a call back(unlikely) I will be first in line to try and help. I spent numerous years as an ALPA committee chairman and served multiple other volunteer positions at a previous commuter. Look guy, I am here to help, but you should never expect me or any of the compost pilot group not to be vocal. That is what the ole rod and gun club in chantilly wants. Be vocal and do it often. Hope to meet up with you around the crew room and we can continue our discussions to improve the lives of our fellow pilots. Go Sioux!

Last edited:
Why shouldn't siouxhockey be able bitch and moan on a public website created for pilots about his airlines? Most of you guys agree that there are many problems. This is the best way for pilots to communicate and send information to others.

You are flying a mainline airplane that has pretty much horrible rates and a contract that is below industry standard even comparing it too most regional airlines.

Its very important for those folks flying mainline planes and taking mainline routes to be paid what they should be. Remember this effects us all.

I am not "attacking my coworkers." I am trying to point out to many how crappy compost really is. Trying to tell the young guys that are trying to get a commuter airline job that there are much better places. QX, PDT, ARW, XJT, etc. Not important where we all came from, but it is important for those of us that came from somewhere much better to inform those that didn't have the privelege to see what it is like to work under a "good" contract. I think you are doing your pilot group a disservice by not telling them what we have is unacceptable that way when we do go to negotiate we are all fired up to do what is right and not waste valuable time informing while the company stalls and makes us work under the current crappy contract. I don't need to "fly to line" at compost to realize the company is crap and so is the contract. I have put my years in at many other airlines and I have earned the right to complain about my QOL. In fact even a new guy has that right no matter their experience level. I will continue to express my concerns and I wish more would. It is sad that you guys already here aren't complaining. As for the 40 volunteers I am glad to see there is some, but 40 is not enough. 40 is a good start and once I get out of training, assuming I don't get a call back(unlikely) I will be first in line to try and help. I spent numerous years as an ALPA committee chairman and served multiple other volunteer positions at a previous commuter. Look guy, I am here to help, but you should never expect me or any of the compost pilot group not to be vocal. That is what the ole rod and gun club in chantilly wants. Be vocal and do it often. Hope to meet up with you around the crew room and we can continue our discussions to improve the lives of our fellow pilots. Go Sioux!

Good to be vocal but to call the airline who hired you a crappy company based on a month in YUL with outsource training is just childish.

I am an ALPA guy here working on enforcing the contract we have. We have suggested many things that need to added and we are trying to negotiate some things but when you negotiate a crappy contract we r going to have to give some thing away. No one here negotiated this thing, it was the NWA MEC before the 175 started fly. Getting all fired up is ok but you need to direct that anger towards the NWA MEC not us line guys.

Calling us Compost does nothing but insult your coworkers. If your based out of DTW hope we fly together to see if your view changed. I am the only contract guy based in DTW.

So again Sioux...please fill us all in on why you still work here? You read the contract before you got your type and with all your amazing airline experiences YOU still chose to come to Compass. All the pilots here complain but 99% of them are professional enough to keep it in house and not in a public forum. I hope you do get involved in ALPA but me thinks you will just contine to come on FI and tell us all how its our fault that your life sucks. I too hope to meet you sometime in DTW.

Sioux's level of anger is excellent -- he/she has merely mis-directed it.

Sioux --

Direct that frustration and anger into doing something to improve things. You have already expressed your intent to do so in your posts here, now make it happen.

The Compass pilot group seems to be a moderately 'riled up' one. Most everyone at the place has been through another 121 carrier, and many of the pilots coming online now are furloughed from elsewhere, some from places that have little prospect of recalling in the next 1-3 years and others that are gone forever. Quite a contrast from other contractors out there that have new-hire classes consisting mostly of folks from a CFI background (nothing WRONG with that, I'm just saying that the CPZ pilot group has a bunch of new hires that are just as experienced as pilots at DL/NW/CO/AA etc. -- and that this experience level in the junior ranks is a rare opportunity).

Sioux, who took a $hit in your cherios this morning! wow, while everyone agrees that the contract is not good, like someone else said, calling out your own co workers when your not even on the line yet is absurd. there are a lot of people working hard trying to get things changed here at compass, but that stuff doesn't happen overnight. i am surprised that you didn't think about any of the things you talk about before you signed the dotted line at compass. at least those of us who were here early on could use the "its a new airline" excuse, but if you're still in training you have no excuse to say that you weren't informed about what's going on here. while i agree with you on the fact that the company hasn't been 100% on its promises to the pilots here, it isn't anything new for a regional airline. I suggest you get the enormous chip off your shoulder, FINISH training, and then maybe you have a right to spout your mouth off about how "deplorable" the conditions are at compass. we're all in this together and we're all trying to get things changed, but you gotta give it some time. the airline has only been in full operations for 1 1/2 yrs.

So again Sioux...please fill us all in on why you still work here?

Probably because they are/were about the only ones hiring at the time. Plus I believe many have gone to Compass based on its potential. Which I believe it has a bunch (based on what Delta will do it could also be sold down the road).

I think Sioux might just feel the sting of being furloughed by his mainline carrier. Plus the fact that his last regional airline had better pay and work rules then Compass does.

Don't jump all over him, many people try and progress there careers and when all the sudden you see it regress it can be a bit frustrating. I think many of us would have this attitude if this happened to us. This career we all have chosen is a big rollercoaster ride and we can only hope the low parts don't last long.

Good Luck to everyone that has chosen this career.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back