• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass new bases after Delta NW Merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mav, you're an idiot! Pot meet Mr. Kettle! so let me get this straight, you left PDT to go to Whiskey because the pay was better. But had you stayed at PDT you'd be making more money right now? Got it....So what if someone was to come to compass from say Lakes, because they would get paid more money, is that wrong of them? That's EXACTLY what you did.

Boy this thread sure did take-off on a different road.

How about we just pull for the folks at Compass. They have a merger to deal with and you never know what could happen.

I wish the best for you folks.

Surf, from a former Piedmonster, thanks for the support although whatever happens to all parties involved has either A.) been decided already or B.) we have no control as you already know. hope that wasn't you the other night in philly, saw the pics

Surf, from a former Piedmonster, thanks for the support although whatever happens to all parties involved has either A.) been decided already or B.) we have no control as you already know. hope that wasn't you the other night in philly, saw the pics

Thanks, no it wasn't me. Thank God it wasn't, could you imagine all the paper work? :)

People have to remember that most start up airlines never have a good contract. From what I have heard it took years and hard work for Piedmont to get its current contract.

Like someone stated, Compass folks didn't vote a contract in. The thing was formed during Cht. 11 (ouch). And they are stuck now with the same okay contract for awhile. And remember it was a contract that was supported by the NWA folks.

When the time comes, I am sure with the mix of pilots there on the property (most are from other regionals) they will make the right choices and provide a contact that they and their families will enjoy.

Until all we can do is give our support.

Something else to remember...we were a start up carrier that had a contract before we flew our first revenue flight on the E175.

I realize it wasn't industry leading and could be a lot better but how many carriers do you know of that have a contract and union support before they even turn a wheel.

Imagine how things would be here without an established set of rules/contract???

It can always be better but it could also be a lot worse.

Training folks in montreal told us new hires last night they plan on the 360 still, but they don't want to pay pilots to sit around while training is backed up. We are planning on weeks off during the next couple months. Also, unless you are furloughed and NEED money don't come to Compass. Don't leave a "good" regional to come here. This place is a joke!!Unorganized, horrible contract, horrible pay, horrible contract, etc.
Never heard a UND guy complain before.......

I don't think Compass will be around in two years.

And if they are.. the guys flying the planes today, won't be the guys flying the planes in 2 years...

Wonder where all those NWA DC-9 drivers are gonna go..

Flow back from Delta and Northwest? Ouch..

And if they are.. the guys flying the planes today, won't be the guys flying the planes in 2 years...

Could happen, but what would be wrong with that? Then these folks would be assured to be flying for one of the worlds largest airlines. And with a mass of retirements over the next 8 years that won't be bad for anyone in there 30's.

Not bad if you ask me. Yea, there's risk going to Compass. But name me one regional airline that isn't risky.

Could happen, but what would be wrong with that?

Eh, I guess if you are one of the guys currently keeping a seat warm at Compass, I can find plenty wrong with it..

You really come across as a prick.

Do you realize that about half of the pilots at Compass are there because they were already laid-off or furloughed from other airlines?

Where do YOU work that's so protected?

Do you fly something with 50 seats that mainline is about to attempt to park ASAP? "Ouch..."

You really come across as a prick.

Thanks Dylin. I was wondering how to word that, but I think you hit the nail on the head.

See we're really stupid because we're at Compass and he's at Pinnacle so that means he's really smart.

The point being is no one has a crystal ball here and we're all at the mercy of the economy and the wind that blows from Atlanta.

Latest resources

Back