• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass new bases after Delta NW Merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard a rumor from top management at Republic that they are in the works of purchasing Compass. I believe that an anouncement will be made after the new year...

Hmm... funny that's what they said LAST year. Still here. Besides, our planes don't have fence cutters on them yet.

all your bases are belong to us

I want to believe :erm: I'll eat my shorts if it actually happens, though.

Count me in too, and I'd be very happy to eat them if that's the case.

The question is if Delta were to append the Compass 175's to mainline would that allow for 36 more 76 seaters at the other regional feeders?

Along those same lines....how does Mesaba's award of 15 new CRJ900s effect the 18 options remained between Mesaba and Compass?

Stapled to the bottom...Not gonna happen!

Why would they fly one 76 seater at mainline and another at a regional. THey will keep the costs down by making a regional fly them.
Besides with the Delta contract not only would they have to pay pilots more. They would need higher staffing levels to do this with the contract. Compass has some of the lowest staffing levels of active pilots I have seen for a regional. This is why we cant drop trips and have anything close to flexible schedules.
I dont see Delta operating these things for a low $60 range for captains and food stamps for FOs.

Since they now own Compass and Mesaba all 76 seaters will stay at the regional level.

As for bases maybe ATL or some other east side place. Why, because Salt lake would make my QOL much better...We cant have that now can we!

Stapled to the bottom...Not gonna happen!

Why would they fly one 76 seater at mainline and another at a regional. THey will keep the costs down by making a regional fly them.
Besides with the Delta contract not only would they have to pay pilots more. They would need higher staffing levels to do this with the contract. Compass has some of the lowest staffing levels of active pilots I have seen for a regional. This is why we cant drop trips and have anything close to flexible schedules.
I dont see Delta operating these things for a low $60 range for captains and food stamps for FOs.

Since they now own Compass and Mesaba all 76 seaters will stay at the regional level.

As for bases maybe ATL or some other east side place. Why, because Salt lake would make my QOL much better...We cant have that now can we!

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner.

Didn't Mesaba have a flow thru to NWA also?
I see this playing out like Mid-Atlantic at US Airways. Only the furloughed Pilots that go to Compass will be allowed back to Mainline and the rest of the pilots will remain Regional Red Headed Step Kids.

You won't find any Delta Pilots willing to fly those Planes for those rates....... Period

Latest resources

Back