• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass new bases after Delta NW Merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is hiring like at Compass right now? Is it slow or called off all together?

They had a job posting on the website for FO's this week

No more classes for now. They have stopped at 320 pilots instead of the original planned 360. I believe we are still interviewing for a pool for when/if we hire again. I think everyone is holding their collective breath waiting to see what Mother Delta will do with us.

What about SDF; 3 airplanes are overnighting there every day and the big MX hangar which is currently being build on the western side.

JvW

No more classes for now. They have stopped at 320 pilots instead of the original planned 360. I believe we are still interviewing for a pool for when/if we hire again. I think everyone is holding their collective breath waiting to see what Mother Delta will do with us.

Training folks in montreal told us new hires last night they plan on the 360 still, but they don't want to pay pilots to sit around while training is backed up. We are planning on weeks off during the next couple months. Also, unless you are furloughed and NEED money don't come to Compass. Don't leave a "good" regional to come here. This place is a joke!!Unorganized, horrible contract, horrible pay, horrible contract, etc.

Pre-merger Delta pilots are protected by a no-furlough clause. Pre-meger NWA pilots have a flow down clause. Does that help?Wow, an ASA pilot who thinks he knows what is going on at the new DAL...Let the guys who actually work at DAL worry about OUR(not your) airline.

Only up to TB Kane. There won't be any flow down, but in the unlikely event there is... since the SLI will be a middle ground of both proposals it would most likely be the spring and summer 08 "RD" pilots to move in reverse.

BTW, all new DAL pilots are protected by a (mostly worthless) no furlough clause under the new JPWA, but it only pertains to merger related furloughs(IOW we could be furloughed for other reasons, i.e. economy issues...).

Last edited:
Training folks in montreal told us new hires last night they plan on the 360 still, but they don't want to pay pilots to sit around while training is backed up. We are planning on weeks off during the next couple months. Also, unless you are furloughed and NEED money don't come to Compass. Don't leave a "good" regional to come here. This place is a joke!!Unorganized, horrible contract, horrible pay, horrible contract, etc.

Training is a joke but it gets better once you are on line. Scheduling is good and management does what they say they are going to do. The contract and pay are pretty much regional standard, and the pilots are a good bunch to fly with.

It's unfortunate training is so terrible because it leaves a bad first impression. Just keep in mind training is a very small part of your time in the long run.

PS: the info you are getting about staffing from training people is false. Per the most recent Chief Pilot update (10/31) I have received, hiring has stopped at "about 320 line pilots".

Last edited:
Training is a joke but it gets better once you are on line. Scheduling is good and management does what they say they are going to do. The contract and pay are pretty much regional standard, and the pilots are a good bunch to fly with.

It's unfortunate training is so terrible because it leaves a bad first impression. Just keep in mind training is a very small part of your time in the long run.

PS: the info you are getting about staffing from training people is false. Per the most recent Chief Pilot update (10/31) I have received, hiring has stopped at "about 320 line pilots".
The "regional standard" here at COMPOST is horrible. No trip or duty rigs, min day is way too low, only one day room for the entire crew, but no if there is a crew room, company doesn't pay for the doctor if they make you go when you call in sick, 75 pay for second sick call, 50 pay for third sick call, etc. Who the heck thought it was a good idea to allow the company to make captains fly as copilots?? This is a safety issue that no credible pilot group/union should allow. It also keeps staffing levels lower. This is the type of stuff you see at Mesa. Previous regionals I have flown for had much better contracts. It is just sad to see such weak pay and work rules negotiated outside of bankruptcy or financial burden. How can we all be happy with this disgusting way of life we have created? It is embarassing to tell a captain while jumpseating I work for Compass. Usually followed by how much are you guys making to fly that thing? Maybe one day pilots will figure out how to make money instead of giving it all to the company.

The "regional standard" here at COMPOST is horrible. No trip or duty rigs, min day is way too low, only one day room for the entire crew, but no if there is a crew room, company doesn't pay for the doctor if they make you go when you call in sick, 75 pay for second sick call, 50 pay for third sick call, etc. Who the heck thought it was a good idea to allow the company to make captains fly as copilots?? This is a safety issue that no credible pilot group/union should allow. It also keeps staffing levels lower. This is the type of stuff you see at Mesa. Previous regionals I have flown for had much better contracts. It is just sad to see such weak pay and work rules negotiated outside of bankruptcy or financial burden. How can we all be happy with this disgusting way of life we have created? It is embarassing to tell a captain while jumpseating I work for Compass. Usually followed by how much are you guys making to fly that thing? Maybe one day pilots will figure out how to make money instead of giving it all to the company.

Damn, sorry to hear its like that over there. When can a new contract be neg.?

Damn, sorry to hear its like that over there. When can a new contract be neg.?
Not soon enough Billy, not soon enough. I should have tried to come back to PDT and sat eternal reserve in LGA or SYR. That would have been better than COMPOST. Plus the Dash is much better than the ERJ. I should have collected unemployment versus getting a job flying for the mesa of Delta.

But I thought you guys over at Compass were "technically mainline?" I mean, you share the same MEC and all. By the looks of your contract (loosely based on the current Pinnacle one) it sure looks like your brothers have got your best interest at hand.

The backbone of our contract WAS negotiated during the NWA BK back in '06.

Latest resources

Back