Compass agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
staple?

It's going to be a hard sell. Most of the DeltaS captains and senior F/O's I fly with haven't even heard of the suggestion and when I run it past them they are of the "no ********************ing way" persuasion. They equate all regionals as "seniority-grabbing Com Air types."

They're going to take a lot of convincing.

Straight staple is what the Compass pilots are asking for.

Goggles hit on a good point... I find that sentiment very frequent. The education and knowledge on this subject is very sparse throughout our pilot population.

I would assume a straight staple as well. Isn't that what the Compass pilots are asking for anyway??

The real question is: is that what we are proposing? Nobody can answer that. Those Compass seats are temporary seats for those guys, incase of a furlough. That was the sole reason the NWA pilots allowed Compass to exist. Those guys should be stapled, period. I have heard rumors that say otherwise. I sure would like for someone to confirm them so we can do something about it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I would assume a straight staple as well. Isn't that what the Compass pilots are asking for anyway??

Thats how they come over when/if they flow so thats how it should be IF it ever happened. Otherwise they will just have to wait and miss out on potential seniority numbers while they wait the 30 months.

I think the idea all along has been a Staple.

Opponents of the idea seem to spread that Compass want's a DOH integration, I think to get people against the idea.

Fact is that due to ALPA merger policy and federal law the word staple cannot be used. That is why it is not. They are leaving it out for a reason.

The only way this will work is if there is a prenup that keeps their seniority in a flow order which in essence is a staple. If it went to arbitration, which it will not, that is the way that it would be argued. If any regional wants to join our list and we can make it happen, it will one happen if we have a prenup on a staple. Noting else will fly. That is from the boys that would make the decision.

I think the idea all along has been a Staple.

Opponents of the idea seem to spread that Compass want's a DOH integration, I think to get people against the idea.

Yup, Asking for DOH would be the quickest way to shut down any sort of talks. Bottom line is when they flow up they flow to the bottom hence why a staple is the only way to go. That would essentially get all compass guys on the DAL list now instead of a gradual flow up whenever DAL starts hiring. Better off starting the longevity clock now instead of waiting. First year pay at DAL is better for mostt CPZ guys anyway. 2nd year is better for all.

Straight staple is what the Compass pilots are asking for.

Is that in writing somewhere? I know it makes sense, I know many Compass pilots feel that way, but is that the official position of the Compass pilots?

Last edited:
Ok, so I understand all the issues about why Compass was created.. direct taking of mainline jobs etc.. but if Compass was going to be "stapled" what about Comair and Mesaba? Also wholly owned.. and in addition to them, then ASA and Pinnacle who fly solely for DAL/NWA? All of these carriers have a stake in the 76 seat flying which took mainline jobs, and all of these carriers are also ALPA.. would they be included in any possible staple? Or left out of it?

Latest resources

Back