Compass agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

Ancedotal evidence says that despite the trim/slice/cut/whatever in the block hours, NWA is going to be "very short" this summer.

This isn't info from a year ago, 3 months ago, 3 weeks ago...this is from yesterday.

No surprise.

Nu

Here is some info. Take it for what it is worth. I went to one of the Phase of Flight meetings with the company suits. Any Delta guys that haven't gone and think it is a waste of time I think you would be surprised. It was actually very informative. During the Q&A at the end the subjects turned to the company, scope and possible furloughs. I brought up the flow back in my questioning about the how it would go. Some suit stepped in(so many I forgot which one it was) and said "look....with the fuel savings, the large amount of cash we have and synergies we would have to go to 20 percent under to even take that direction. BTW he said 9-11 knocked them back 12 %. He also said above and beyond it is a 18-24 months to START to gain on a furlough due to the process. Also he said with all the work that still has to be done to combine the two pilot operations, the last thing they need is to deal with is the hell that comes with furloughing a few hundred guys. Also they are still short(albeit slightly) for summer '09 and summer '10 which is still going to have a 1% rise over '09. He said we will offers some sills for fall and that is it. We are not going to furlough unless we get hit with twice what 9-11 did to us.

Thanks for the intel. Hope this is correct. BTW, anyone know if some significant information was revealed by management at the Memphis LEC meeting? The email said "the information that these individuals will impart will be worth your effort to attend."

Thanks for the intel. Hope this is correct. BTW, anyone know if some significant information was revealed by management at the Memphis LEC meeting? The email said "the information that these individuals will impart will be worth your effort to attend."

disclaimer:Second hand info from a buddy at the MEM meeting this morning.

Said the same was said at the meeting. Said "staffing would be just right this summer, leading to a little fat for the fall but with fuel and cost savings right now they have -0- intentions on furloughing a single pilot. Looking at being short next summer. Said a furlough would have to be 18+ months or longer to justify it and that point has already come and gone. Also said with all the transitions in staffing requirements and overall contract changes that would only further complicate staffing needs. so they're ok with the little bit of fat this fall because it will help with recovering for the 2010 flying year. They want to be out of the gates in first place when the rebound starts and are ready to put up a fight with other competitors. That was the jist of what he told me, FWIW

Last edited:
disclaimer:Second hand info from a buddy at the MEM meeting this morning.

Said the same was said at the meeting. Said "staffing would be just right this summer, leading to a little fat for the fall but with fuel and cost savings right now they have -0- intentions on furloughing a single pilot. Looking at being short next summer. Said a furlough would have to be 18+ months or longer to justify it and that point has already come and gone. Also said with all the transitions in staffing requirements and overall contract changes that would only further complicate staffing needs. so they're ok with the little bit of fat this fall because it will help with recovering for the 2010 flying year. They want to be out of the gates in first place when the rebound starts and are ready to put up a fight with other competitors. That was the jist of what he told me, FWIW

Good news...Let's hope no one gets the axe.

Yes, yes, you did. Going Thursday evening to the P'Tree City brief?

All this Compass stuff going on, i assume it would be a straight staple. I am a Delta North guy, and there is NO F**king way a compass pilot will be senior to any Delta (N or S) pilot.

I assume this is how others feel?

....He also said above and beyond it is a 18-24 months to START to gain on a furlough due to the process. Also he said with all the work that still has to be done to combine the two pilot operations, the last thing they need is to deal with is the hell that comes with furloughing a few hundred guys. ...

That's good info! That's what I thought was the case, but it's nice to hear the "people in the know" say the same thing!

Thanks for the post!

All this Compass stuff going on, i assume it would be a straight staple. I am a Delta North guy, and there is NO F**king way a compass pilot will be senior to any Delta (N or S) pilot.

I assume this is how others feel?

I would assume a straight staple as well. Isn't that what the Compass pilots are asking for anyway??

Latest resources

Back