Comair MEC endorses contract changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skyslug said:
"I don't need you to apologize for me. How long have you been at Comair. Just curious. My opinions are the same as the majority of our pilots."

Afellowaviator...your opinions may or may not be the same as the majority but they sure are a helluva lot louder which gives the impression that you're in the majority.:) nothin' wrong with that.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with you on your feelings for this proposed change to our contract. I'm just am tired of all the bickering between the groups. We need to focus on Comair and work to keep the planes between Comair (and ASA) and not let them get into the hands of the other contract guys.

As for our proposed contract change...we'll just have to wait for our MEC to present this to us. This should be interesting...

So you are not going to answer my question?

I'd love to know what it matters how long he's been at Comair? Does his longevity make him any less entitled to an opinion regarding a proposal that might impact his career?

Seniority does not automatically grace you with divine knowledge and wisdom.

Guys...we need to all stick together!! This is exactly what mgmt wants!! We have to STAND TOGETHER and tell them to P!ss OFF!! It does no good if we start yelling at each other! Stand strong Comair group...We support you guys and we value your support!
Together we Stand.....United we FALL!!

FlyComAirJets said:
The only reason I can think why this has not occured by now is that Delta intends to sell off one or probably both of the wholly owneds in the near future. By not insisting on a common seniority list as a deal breaking condition of the latest incarnation of the RFP(hred), we have paved the way for a spinoff...and blown an opportunity we will never, ever have again.

This is a double edged sword.

We have evidence that the spinoff of COEX was accelerated by all of the talk of a single seniority list between us and CAL. Management got scared it just might happen, and sold off XJT faster than they originally planned. They were sure this would kill the movement. It did.

Goodpilotthink: "So you are not going to answer my question?"

What was your question????

chperplt said:
In a recent ground school, a CP was quoted as saying "f_CK ASA" when asked how our two groups can work together to better Delta. He also said our current leader says the same thing.

gee, let me guess, that would be CP M.R. classy guy that he is...

AviatorTX makes a very interesting point. The point I was trying to make is that maintaining two separate but identical airlines costs lots of money. But oddly enough, even though we operate into the same hub airports and operate essentially identical fleets (except for the ATRs) there is no back up capability -- that is to say that an Emergency AD would ground all the common aircraft. The same goes for many redundant operations such as crew scheduling. When our computers crashed last Xmas, the ASA computers could not back up the Comair operation and so crews and aircraft just sat around for days as was covered in great detail by the national media.

But I am bewildered by your "talk of a single seniority list" remark. Wasn't the flow through, especially in its original incarnation, a defacto single list? Heck, there was even a single MEC at one point. When Chairman Woerth came to CVG a couple years ago, he pointed to it as the model to strive for. He went on to say that a third of all ExpressJet pilots had CAL seniority numbers (if someone doesn't run with that statement, we are all asleep)! He was of the belief, using the KLM-CityHopper example, that management will just spontaneously merge companies as a cost saving move.

We do not fear being spunoff but I do mourn the lost opportunity. I am only saying that if they were ever going to do it (merge), they would have done it by now. So to blame us for what management in all likelihood was going to do anyway(spinoff) doesn't hold much water.

Last edited:
We had a single MEC, but not a single seniority list. The flow up was only 1/3. When the flowback happened, it was another story. The CAL pilots transitioned to our seniority list "mostly" in a block. This is what created the defacto SSL you spoke of.

Many in the union tried to seize this opportunity to get an actual SSL at this time. Just like when the last SSL push really started to take off, this is when CAL announced the second spinoff of Express. The first one died with 9-11. Once the spinoff was complete, the SCABS at CAL that did not even want us in the same MEC, used this as an excuse to not push for a SSL, even though technically we had a defacto one at the time. We are just little jet pilots. If we want a job at CAL, we should earn it like they did.... (sigh)

We were inches away from getting a SSL at one point and time. Too many senior pilots at CAL were just not interested as it did nothing for them.

Now it's looking like we are not even going to get another flowthrough... Anyone got that number for the RJDC???

Tomct said:
Guys...we need to all stick together!! This is exactly what mgmt wants!! We have to STAND TOGETHER and tell them to P!ss OFF!! It does no good if we start yelling at each other! Stand strong Comair group...We support you guys and we value your support!
Together we Stand.....United we FALL!!

United we FALL!! Maybe not a good choice of words in the same sentence...United and Fall.

Well Captain, I was referring to the regional guys! I can't help what United is going through....Poor Mgmnt!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back