• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair MEC endorses contract changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with Flycomairjets. I some how wish someone could hold the bar on health insurance!! Why dont we get a vote when that changes for the worse which happened at Comair. I just paided 75 dollars for 2 cold medicine prescriptions!!! I have never paided over 15 dollars for any perscription before!!! Paying more for health care monthly premiums and getting less coverage like in this example is a consession that we can't control!!! Who's to say that MGTs will make us start paying twice as much for healthcare premiums?? that could be 200-400 month expense which in turn a paycut concession??

ERJDRVR said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st off that post you are talking about is a CHQ Flight attendant that got bumped off in CVG.
2nd Afellowdoucebag, you are the biggest piece a 5HIT @ Comair. The current $$$$ offer is still out there to find out your PFT/sim instructing name. We will find out your name... Some poor Fo will see you typing your garbage @ a hotel or on the company computer and sell you out for a $100.00.

DO NOT blame us. CHQ has NEVER taken a pay cut/freeze for growth.
If you guys decide to sell your souls to Fred, suck it up and quit blaming everyone else for your trouble.
You are not taking a cut to save jobs. You are voting to take a cut to get flying.
Our CEO approached our MEC this past month to take concessions, they told him to pound sand.

You are the highes paid... blah blah blah... That was yesterday. Today is the test to see if you can hold the line.

If you take the cuts, to each his own, but quit blaming everyone else and making excuses.

P.s. I welcome any pilot on my jumpseat.

Listen you s hithead. I was expressing my opinion as I have a right to do on this board. I did it with out any flame bait, as it's called, and I will have to report you again for trying to get my identity. You really have some issues and need to see some one.

skyslug said:
I'd like to apologize, as an OH pilot... for Afellowaviator. I thought he/she was going to stop posting a while ago and low and behold....that didn't happen.

CHQ guys did what they had to do and they got a better contract for CHQ. They were negotiating for CHQ, not the rest of the industry! Each airlines financial bottom line is different and thus not every airline will be able to "raise the bar" for the rest of the industry (although I think CHQ was in the best position to do this). They'll be able to raise their own bar which is the very least we can hope for at this time. They're not evil people, they did what they had to do and improved their contract. Sure, it might not be as good as ours (but it's not that much worse!) but that was pre 9/11!!!!! Give it a rest!!!!!!!!!!!!

Times have changed, economics have changed, management strategies have changed. ALPA hasn't.

I'm getting really tired of reading the same thing about CHQ, Skywest, Mesaba, etc. I'm sure they wanted to "raise this stupid bar everyone keeps harping about". But those days are long gone (temporarily, I hope)!!!

OO flying 70's for 50 seat rates is the only thing I can say that is annoying (besides all this bickering about how the other pilots uncercut the "profession"!). This is the tipping point (along with JetBlue's EMB rates) that could possibly harm EVERYONE from "raising the bar or their own bar".

I don't need you to apologize for me. How long have you been at Comair. Just curious. My opinions are the same as the majority of our pilots.

DDpaysoff said:
What is your pay going to be at CHQ for a 70 seat jet in july 2007 for say
a 4 year fo
5 year captain
10 year captain
18 year captain?

Let's actually compare some numbers. I'm curious.

Just based on the proposal and what I have heard so far without details here are the comair numbers (provided your longevity is frozen and does NOT accrue during the freeze:

4 year FO 45.58/hr, 2%pension, 401k 50% of first 5%contribution
5 year captain 78.32/hr 4% pension, 401k 50% of first 5%contribution
10 year captain 92.86/hr 6% pension, 401k 50% of first 5%contribution
18 year captain 118.22/hr 8% pension, 401k 50% of first 5%contribution

100% deadhead pay, 100% pay protection for all displacements, Trip, duty, day, rigs, commuter clause. CVG hotels for highspeed lineholders, min line value 82 hrs max 93, 1.5 compensation for open time.

Don't get me wrong, this ain't great, and heck yes we are undercompensated, but these rates you see above including the freeze put Comair in a position to compete especially in a competitive environment after a divestiture and not just bleed away slowly while others thrive on lower labor costs. There are two things I think that the comair pilot group would even consider negotiating down, brand scope and if the long term health of the company was in jeapordy. You either win or lose, I spoke with a former piedmont guy this past week, he had some enlightening things to say. Ask them what has been going on over there.
If my calculations are correct the new rates in '07 will be right on or probably above par for the industry. This is not whoring, it is just bringing the bar a little closer to the rest of the pack without going under it. Maybe by '07 somebody can beat it. Otherwise, we will have to give back again or simply go away. Corporations make money for shareholders or they don't, if they don't entities are eliminated.

Anyone......anyone?

Where are the numbers, anybody with a chautaqua contract or heck even skywest please answer these questions.

I hope their is something tied to ASA in this TA. Please don't bash me for saying that.

I do whatever I can to make jumpseaters feel welcome, regardless of who they work for. We are professionals. Well, at least some of us are. Drop the jumpseat argument please, it is starting to sound like some silly kid is posting that crap.

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
I don't need you to apologize for me. How long have you been at Comair. Just curious. My opinions are the same as the majority of our pilots.

I'm 98% positive I know who skyslug is. The guy is just about to hit his one year seniority. How do I know? I can tell by the rhetoric. 26 year old DCA grad.

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
Listen you s hithead. I was expressing my opinion as I have a right to do on this board. I did it with out any flame bait, as it's called, and I will have to report you again for trying to get my identity. You really have some issues and need to see some one.

Afellowdoucebag,

PHP:
I was expressing my opinion as I have a right to do on this board.
lol, I was just expressing mine.
You were the one who bid us all farewell and said you would never write on here again. What happened??? Couldn't stay away??
P.S. I didn't make the original offer for your name, I simply contributed to the fund.
PHP:
I will have to report you again for trying to get my identity

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT report me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

ERJDRVR

I hope for the sake of the traveling public that the average pilot on your list isn't as immature as you.

DDpaysoff said:
I hope their is something tied to ASA in this TA. Please don't bash me for saying that.

Depends on what you mean. Are you saying ASA should have have to give something too or ASA's contract should be brought UP (closer) to yours?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back