Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Al Coholic

To: Comair Pilots

Today your MEC met for a second day, in closed session, to get a complete brief from your contract negotiating committee of possible changes to our current working agreement. This proposal is the result of recent weeks of negotiations with Comair management. Your MEC debated the merits of this proposal over the last two full days. Because of the close relationship that exists between ASA and Comair pilots, the chairman and vice-chairman of the ASA MEC joined in the discussions today, Sunday.
The proposed contractual changes, which have been endorsed by your MEC, would affect the entire membership and your MEC has decided that such changes, in this case, should be subject to membership ratification.

Final contractual language is still being drafted at this time. The specifics of this offer must be retained until the writing process is complete. The final language should be finished later this week. Once that is complete a schedule for road shows will be published along with ratification details. Please stay tuned to the VARS and the AMES for further communications from your MEC.

Capt J.C. Lawson

Comair MEC Chairman

This is very disappointing. I can't believe that the Comair MEC is really going to roll over and die this easily. They didn't even put in a counter offer! This "deal" effectively negates all gains from the strike.

If the Comair pilots ratify this, it spells the end for both an acceptable ASA contract and ASA/CMR unity. They will have sold us out for the carrot of possible growth.

I think its more appropriate to compare it to the 3+ years management fiddled its fingers with our last contract.

Ifly said:
This is very disappointing. I can't believe that the Comair MEC is really going to roll over and die this easily. They didn't even put in a counter offer! This "deal" effectively negates all gains from the strike.

What the hell are you talking about?? First of all, they put in a few counter offers. They went back and forth with management for a couple weeks with this.. Secondly, you haven't seen the "deal" so how on earth do you know what, if anything, it negates?

I think the biggest thing you should be worried about it that your MEC and vice MEC were part of the discussion and apparently supported it as well.

This deal may suck, and if so the CMR pilot group will tell management to pound sand.

ifly4food said:

If the Comair pilots ratify this, it spells the end for both an acceptable ASA contract and ASA/CMR unity. They will have sold us out for the carrot of possible growth.

As Chper stated, there have been many counter offers from the CMEC.

So they put in counter offers... my bad. That still doesn't change anything. And the presence of two ASA MEC officers doesn't constitute an endorsement by the ASA pilots.

chill Food,
there may well be some language in there concerning your group, we are all into wishing the best for you and your pilot group.

if there is something for you in this you, you will be the first to know, we will handle this as we did before.

everyone here is trying to answer your greif, we have beeen negotiating, they just have been able to it promptly, we aren't writing an entire contracct this time.

good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back