Comair MEC endorses contract changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skyslug said:
I'd like to apologize, as an OH pilot... for Afellowaviator. I thought he/she was going to stop posting a while ago and low and behold....that didn't happen.
Skyslug:
You shouldn't have to apologize for someone else. Every shed has its "tool."
I have seen Afellowaviator's posts in the past, and his/her posts speak for themselves! Obviously a very bitter individual. Rather than be mad, we should pity this fool!
Bos

XRMEFLYER said:
What I hate to see is the collective efforts and sacrifices of those who were there in Mar-Jun 00 to make their's and YOUR lot in life a better one be given away.

If you thought 2000 was tough, you should have seen those 89 days in 2001.

The issue is not wether your contract got better or worse during your last negotiations but what your contract contains when compared to other companies. A 10% increase on a pile of sh!t is still a pile of sh!t. I do not work for Comair but would trade contracts with them (freeze or no freeze) in a heart beat. If your contract is not the best then you are under the "bar"!

if we vote no -- don't be surprised to see the 70 seaters we have disappear to ASA.

fred is going to lower costs one way or the other

TO/TO said:
if we vote no -- don't be surprised to see the 70 seaters we have disappear to ASA.

fred is going to lower costs one way or the other

But hey...then we have held the bar high...and ASA will love us again.

I am not saying to vote yes, I am not saying to vote no. If Comair says no to this, Comair is NOT going to get the airplanes. Do you honestly think that management will just say ok, the pilots are right lets give them the airplanes? If management did that, then they would never be able to control the pilot group then, and we all know that is the last thing management wants.

813CA is right!

To all of you Comair and other airline chest thumpers, call their bluff. If you guys are that sure that Fred is bluffing, go for it! Call his bluff. But DONT complain when those aircraft go to $hittytaco while you faithfully hold up the profession for a freeze that will still leave you the highest paid regional pilots around. Guys, dont let this industry leave you in the dust upholding the profession with your pants down. You will look like ALPA. If we didn't have the low bidders out there to deal with, then upholding the profession is the way to go. But with Mesa et al, it is hard to expect one group to hold the bar while everyone around them fights for meat. Eventually the big dog will starve to death! Think about it.;)

hold the line

I guarantee Comair will get the airplanes regardless of their decision to take a pay freeze or not.....btw $3 and my guarantees will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back