Comair MEC endorses contract changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not funny at all

Next you'll get a couple days of road shows, then a 72 hour window to vote in and that will be it. All that time and feet dragging to get what you've got and it all goes bye bye in a flash.

cl65capt said:
Next you'll get a couple days of road shows, then a 72 hour window to vote in and that will be it. All that time and feet dragging to get what you've got and it all goes bye bye in a flash.

not if they vote NO.

I hope they do

I hope they do vote NO. However, Fred's no dummy, he only needs 51% and talking to some of my buddies over there he just might get it.

Why is everyone assuming that the vote will be a majority yes? We all know what happens when we assume.

The fact is that there is a very good chance that the answer will be no. There's no deal with the FAs yet, and probably won't be. Without a deal from both, Fred says the deal is dead.

Why don't we wait and see what the actual verbage is and then argue the points then.

The result to me is pretty obvious, the Comair pilot group will pass it and give up pay for growth. It is ironic how the rest of the industry (CHQ in particular) was hated for doing this, but now Comair will be doing it themselves.

I hope they vote NO, just like I hope every regional pilot votes NO on any contract.

We can all thank the Freedom Air pilots, I mean scabs, (OOPS!) did I say that? I mean Mesa pilots who jumped over fellow pilots to fly a 70-90 seat jet for peanuts only to be put back on the Mesa list. Thanks for lowering the bars you jack*sses! I guess the saying "Pay peanuts get monkeys" is true.

When I worked a Comair everyone always looked at what we were getting so they could piggyback on our agreement. After 9/11 many regionals gave concessions but not Comair. Last I checked they are still where they were the day the current contract was signed. So my question is.... why don't all you people stop bitching and do some of you own f--king work instead of worrying about what Comair pilots are doing. How about you all improve your own contracts. The Comair guys are probably sick of looking around and seeing themselves getting sold out so they figure they might as well look out for number one.

Well said DC-9

The bottom line is we have no idea how this vote will go because we have no idea whats in the freakin thing. One of the many lessons learned during the strike is that a roadshow presentation can make or break a TA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back