Comair MEC endorses contract changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetPilot_Mike said:
As Chper stated, there have been many counter offers from the CMEC.

Through all the counters in there you want. In the end it is still going to be concessions for growth. It smells!

AV8700 said:
Through all the counters in there you want. In the end it is still going to be concessions for growth. It smells!

concessions for growth, or concessions to prevent losing aircraft? At least we have been offered further growth, rather than concessions to keep what we have.

It's funny how people on this board will complain about our contract and concessions when, even with taking a pay freeze, most other contracts(including ASA) are still much less than CMR's........It's like the french calling America weak.
Waco

ifly4food said:
So they put in counter offers... my bad. That still doesn't change anything. And the presence of two ASA MEC officers doesn't constitute an endorsement by the ASA pilots.

Well, then I guess you guys need to recall your MEC officers. I thought your MEC spoke for you?

Great. Now XJT will have the "best" contract. Not exactly the way I'd liked to have seen it happen.

Good luck, CMR brothers. Fight the power!

So a proposal from the ASA pilots to match Comair's contract (after the "adjustments") should be reasonable to Delta, right? I mean, if it's acceptable for Comair I would think it would be acceptable for ASA too, but I'm not that naive.

Not saying we should do that, but the "zero net gain, cost neutral" bullsh!t that management is so stuck on is getting old.

My life isn't "cost neutral".

I believe Horizon has the best contract (pay rates), as of right now.

No matter how you spin it...changing a working agreement before its amendable due to management requests in exchange for "guaranteed" growth, is what makes pilots whores. We are in fact our own worst enemies. Nothing in this life is guaranteed, so be careful what you give up in exchange for a guarantee.

"If you want me to take a sh!t in a box and mark it guaranteed, I can. I got spare time" -Chris Farley.

On the other hand....better for Comair to get the growth than
Sh!tauqua.

Mayday

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back