• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair MEC endorses contract changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Something to keep them from coming at you. Like Delta would guarentee the same payrates for ASA to fly the E-170 or something. Don't laugh, anything can be negotiated. We need to put the two pilot groups together somehow, before it is too late. If J.C or B.A can figure out how to do it both companies would be in great shape as one voice.

That won't likely happen, because one of us is about to be divested. It looks like it will be Comair. Buttrell, himself said DCI was looking to monotize the connection carriers.
I give it until next april, you will see an announcement for a Comair or possible ASA IPO.

We need to put the two pilot groups together somehow

In a recent ground school, a CP was quoted as saying "f_CK ASA" when asked how our two groups can work together to better Delta. He also said our current leader says the same thing.

That's cool DD. I just wasn't sure what you meant when you said you hoped there "was something tied to ASA in the TA". Didn't know if you hoped ASA would have to give some sort of "concessions" (for lack of a better word) or if you hoped there would be some sort of benefit for ASA tied to an agreement.

I really hope that isn't true, Chper.

Last edited:
I was there man... It's true..sad but true.

The context was we need to do what's right for CMR and let ASA worry about ASA.

Same to you!

In a recent ground school, a CP was quoted as saying "f_CK ASA" when asked how our two groups can work together to better Delta. He also said our current leader says the same thing.

Well, I got to tell you that the feeling is mutual. You guys do what you have to to get ahead and we will do what we need to do as well. The one thing we should do is not work against EACH other for the growth. We need to work to get rid of the contract carriers, so the more aircraft each WO group can get is for the best.:cool:

OK chper, I misunderstood. Didn't realize you were there.

My hope would be that if you guys do sign off on this, it would establish a level of compensation, work rules, etc. that Mother Delta is comfortable with, and that we at ASA might get close to that. But again, I'm not that naive. More likely we'll see another offer from Skippy for more airplanes in exchange for a contract extension/freeze.

"I don't need you to apologize for me. How long have you been at Comair. Just curious. My opinions are the same as the majority of our pilots."

Afellowaviator...your opinions may or may not be the same as the majority but they sure are a helluva lot louder which gives the impression that you're in the majority.:) nothin' wrong with that.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with you on your feelings for this proposed change to our contract. I'm just am tired of all the bickering between the groups. We need to focus on Comair and work to keep the planes between Comair (and ASA) and not let them get into the hands of the other contract guys.

As for our proposed contract change...we'll just have to wait for our MEC to present this to us. This should be interesting...

I am sure he is bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**tin. CP never even show up for recurrents, LOL.

No, I actually spoke with your vice chair the other day. We need to work this thing out. I can speak for myself, and I think many others that we would never do anything to sell you guys out. Regardless of this deal, it is a joke anyway, it is a dress for sale deal, and I don't know the details but the fact that butrell came here and delveloped this whole plan in a matter of days tells me Comair is about to be Comair again. Yes or No, I don't know, but the long term health of the company is an issue.

The best thing Comair and ASA can do for themselves and each other is merge seniority lists and develop brand scope language.

Second best, Comair and ASA fly for exactly the same rates and equal benefits, therefore destroying the whipsaw effect within each other. Basically, the same exact contract. If we get that, our two mec's have a good enough relationship to never agree to a TA that would adversly affect the other carrier.

To put it frankly, there was no way in hheellll you were going to get a Comair+1 contract. Don't take offense, but I have had too many conversations with your pilot group to think otherwise. This deal may speed up your negotiations and get a deal that mirrors comair. That is my hope anyway. Once, one of us is spun off, the remaining wholly owned will have a tremendous amount of leverage and will get modest growth and an industry leading contract, while the other gets a decent contract for delta feed for a number of year (to attract investors), and the opportunity to feed other airlines, or market their own product (while remaining at least in the same ballpark as other independent regional airlines with respect to labor costs. It would be a win/win for both carriers.

I expect to see langage by thursday, and your MEC will probably communicate the details to you the same day.

As far as everyone else that is considered a competitor, I can quote Cprplt's quote from CP on that issue.

They are trying to put a dress on this pig.

Right again DD, it was in Tuesday's Atlanta Journal that Delta is outsourcing some of its office work (payroll and benefits administration) to an outside company called Affilitiated Computer Services. It's supposed to save $120 million.

I've heard that Phred is quoted as saying that it would take an ASA/CMR merge four years to recoup the administrative expenses. ASA and Comair were purchased over four years ago so the costs would have been realized by now along with the possible avoidance of a fabulously expensive textbook case in bad management tactics.

The only reason I can think why this has not occured by now is that Delta intends to sell off one or probably both of the wholly owneds in the near future. By not insisting on a common seniority list as a deal breaking condition of the latest incarnation of the RFP(hred), we have paved the way for a spinoff...and blown an opportunity we will never, ever have again.

Latest resources

Back