Comair MEC endorses contract changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AviatorTx said:
We had a single MEC, but not a single seniority list. The flow up was only 1/3. When the flowback happened, it was another story. The CAL pilots transitioned to our seniority list "mostly" in a block. This is what created the defacto SSL you spoke of.

Many in the union tried to seize this opportunity to get an actual SSL at this time. Just like when the last SSL push really started to take off, this is when CAL announced the second spinoff of Express. The first one died with 9-11. Once the spinoff was complete, the SCABS at CAL that did not even want us in the same MEC, used this as an excuse to not push for a SSL, even though technically we had a defacto one at the time. We are just little jet pilots. If we want a job at CAL, we should earn it like they did.... (sigh)

We were inches away from getting a SSL at one point and time. Too many senior pilots at CAL were just not interested as it did nothing for them.

Now it's looking like we are not even going to get another flowthrough... Anyone got that number for the RJDC???

Wow, I quickly skimmed over your post just as I was out the door yesterday and have been thinking about it ever since. That has to be one of the saddest union-related posts I have ever seen. I have to ask, what about all the flowthrough-ees? Aren't they seeing the benefits of a common list? Don't they outnumber the SCABS especially when you were all one single council?

uncle said:
ifly4food...

It's more disappointing to read your post. Do you have some connections and have seen the proposal? I'm a Comair FO and haven't seen it yet. Personally, I'm tired of hearing from pilots at other regionals about how our pilot group must "hang in there" & "stay strong". While theirs fold and take crappy concessions and are undercutting the rest of us. I haven't made a decision on how I will vote, because I haven't seen the proposal. But I can tell you that I'm not upset with Fred for trying to lead the company, he is the president, I'm upset with the selfish, hipocritical, immature and short-sighted pilot groups who have put Comair in our current position.

To answer your questions, yes and no in that order.

What I do know is that a "pay freeze" is still a concession. Your family is writing Comair a check. Think about it. The airplanes will come whether you take concessions or not.

FlyComAirJets said:
If this goes through, which because the MEC endorses it is almost a sure thing, means simply that the bar isn't being lowered, it is being held level for a couple years. As for those so eager to hyperventilate over this, will your contract pay rates exceed our during that span? DDpaysoff asks some good questions. There is your answer.

However, it's still a "concession for growth". You're showing management that your pilot group is weak if you take this. I promise you, they will be back for more. Next time it will be "take a pay cut or ASA/CHQ/MAG will get our planes".

ifly4food said:
The airplanes will come whether you take concessions or not.

Bingo!!! Chances are that Fred has already lined up these airplanes for Comair before he even came begging for a pay freeze. He's just playing all of you. He thinks he can dangle the carrot in front of you and get you to do whatever he wants for a few more planes. Don't trust him for a second. If Delta wants you to have these planes then you'll get them with or without a pay freeze. Don't lower the bar for growth. You guys are better than that. Did you really walk for 89 days for nothing? I hope not.

I seem to remember exactly the same thing being said during the RFP in 2003.

jetflyer said:
Exactly Prodigal,
How come when Comair didn't take paycuts last year, they didn't receive planes anyways???

And ASA shot down the RFP and still got planes? Because Delta already knew where they were going. That situation where both MECs shot down the rfp shook delta management to the core. It was a true political victory

PCL_128 said:
Bingo!!! Chances are that Fred has already lined up these airplanes for Comair before he even came begging for a pay freeze. He's just playing all of you. He thinks he can dangle the carrot in front of you and get you to do whatever he wants for a few more planes. Don't trust him for a second. If Delta wants you to have these planes then you'll get them with or without a pay freeze. Don't lower the bar for growth. You guys are better than that. Did you really walk for 89 days for nothing? I hope not.

VOTE NO!!!!!!

What I find funny is that there are MANY REPRESENTATIVES from other regional airlines forcefully telling us to "SAY NO!"

Why is this?

THEY HAVE SO MUCH TO GAIN FINANCIALLY if COMAIR SAYS NO.

CHQ, SKW, etc. will all get more planes AND KEEP their 3 YEAR UPGRADES with a COMAIR "NO VOTE". PLUS THEY WILL STILL BE WAY BELOW COMAIR RATES keeping them getting all growth through the WHIPSAW.

You guys are all pretty self serving.

I think the Comair pilots will make the decision that is best for them while RESPECTFULLY CONSIDERING but not bowing down to the wishes of OTHERS.

Jet

jetflyer said:
What I find funny is that there are MANY REPRESENTATIVES from other regional airlines forcefully telling us to "SAY NO!"

THEY HAVE SO MUCH TO GAIN FINANCIALLY if COMAIR SAYS NO.

You guys are all pretty self serving.

Jet

Not entirely true. I've already been paroled and moved on from that particular segment of the bidness. I am merely spectating. What I hate to see is the collective efforts and sacrifices of those who were there in Mar-Jun 00 to make their's and YOUR lot in life a better one be given away. As many have pointed out here before, they have probably already decided to buy those airplanes and put them with CMR or they have not and the outcome of this vote will not affect that decision one way or another. They simply want to get something for nothing if they can.

There are many reasons beyond a couple of dollars an hour here or there(and that is all we are talking about when we start comparing one DCI carriers pilot wages to another) why Delta would choose one operator over another for their feed.

So it seems to me that the "self serving" thing to do would be to pi$$ all over the work done before you got there and the work being done by your counterparts at ASA in their contract negotiations and for what? So YOU can upgrade faster.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back