• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Furloughing 300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, are you saying that it didn't suck when it was only legacies? I'm sure you are one of those who says that mainline pilots snub you...and wonder why???

Yogi

If someone comments how much it sucks that CAL is furloughing after UAL announced furloughs doesn't mean they're saying it doesn't suck about UAL. It just means more bad news. More bad news sucks. You're reading too much into his statement. Cut down on the caffeine pal.

Last edited:
So, are you saying that it didn't suck when it was only legacies? I'm sure you are one of those who says that mainline pilots snub you...and wonder why???

Yogi

Hey Yogi....

Back off of the honey dude...just saying it sucks..thats all. The focus has been at the legacy airlines...which I work for...not good when it goes to the regionals as well....

Atleast after 9/11, the regionals were a semi-halfway decent place to hang out while life sorted itself out. Now, the number of places to hang your hat are limited.

Hey Yogi....

Back off of the honey dude...just saying it sucks..thats all. The focus has been at the legacy airlines...which I work for...not good when it goes to the regionals as well....

Hmmm. The regional guys didn't seem to mind too much about their rapid expansion post -911 while legacy guys were being furloughed.

Oh well, maybe Delta will hire furloughed Comair pilots just like Comair hired furloughed Delta pilots .... :erm:

If someone comments how much it sucks that CAL is furloughing after UAL announced furloughs doesn't mean they're saying it doesn't suck about UAL. It just means more bad news. More bad news sucks. You're reading too much into his statement. Cut down on the caffeine pal.

He should work for FOX news.

Hmmm. The regional guys didn't seem to mind too much about their rapid expansion post -911 while legacy guys were being furloughed.

Oh well, maybe Delta will hire furloughed Comair pilots just like Comair hired furloughed Delta pilots .... :erm:

J.H.C. Can we, honestly, get past this kind of crap already.... Comair didn't hire Delta furloughees, 2002 ASA newhires were overheard in the DFW terminal celebrating all the "new flying" they were getting while mainline Delta guys were hitting the street, American was flowing down to Eagle far in excess of those who flowed up, American was bending over TWA as well now that I think about it.. the industry pretty well sucked for several years. Then it got back on it's feet.... finally... for about 9 months.... and here we go again.

I'm rambling. I'll stop. My only point is that, unless oil reverses course drastically (which it will not), we are in for a few years that will make the 9-11 aftermath look silly. We're all going to hurt here, folks. There will be furloughs everywhere (yeah, I know.... not Southwest.... but if this lasts long enough, even they will be feeling this pain.) Now is not the time to be rubbing salt into old wounds. There are going to be plenty of mainline guys and regional guys rubbing shoulders in the unemployment lines soon enough. It's about time we let bygones be bygones I think. There's going to be far to much sh!t fighting against us in the near future to afford us the luxury of fighting amongst ourselves.

I hope some of that makes sense. I'm far too tired to proofread it and, quite frankly, the Bourbon is doing most of the talking at this point...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back