• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Furloughing 300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I dont like to hear anyone losing their job, I sadly say that I for one really dont lose any sleep over the Comair pilots. During our furlough postt 9-11 the Comair pilots were all about looking out for themselves. They could not have given a $hit about any of us being on the street for 3 years. They made a senority grab, they filed the RJDC lawsuit so they could under cut us and get as many aircraft, as much flying, and as big an aircraft as possible at the expense of our pilots, myself included. Comair pilots wrote up that bull$hit clause that said for dumb reasons they did not support hiring our pilots unless they resigned their senortiy numbers. Comair pilots have always thaught of themselves only, and this could not happen to a nicer group of pilots. My big question is to see how well they treat their own furloughed pilots. Will they be providing cobra payments, will they be sending Christmas checks? Let me know if anyone needs to know how to extend your unemployment benefits? Life is fair!

There were just as many ASA pilots in the RJDC as Comair pilots. And please don't forget, none of the soon-to-be furloughees were at Comair during 2001.

Last edited:
There were just as many ASA pilots in the RJDC as Comair pilots. And please don't forget, none of the soon-to-be furloughees were at Comair during 2001.

ASA pilots did not fight having furloughed Delta pilots fly there. As far as who is being furloughed at Comair, does not matter. Their shrinking and furloughing, taste the $hit sandwich! Lots of job opportunities at Macd's, or KFC!

Hi Acarpe, it's me again. Would you mind explaining why you are happy to see pilots who have nothing to do with your little squabble lose their jobs?

ASA pilots did not fight having furloughed Delta pilots fly there.

Then that sort of negates your argument that it was Comair pilots who tried to "grab" your seniority.

As far as who is being furloughed at Comair, does not matter. Their shrinking and furloughing, taste the $hit sandwich! Lots of job opportunities at Macd's, or KFC!

Boy, what a classy guy. It appears that the Comair MEC made the right call in keeping caring individuals like yourself away. With $140 oil, you should try and be a bit nicer. Delta certainly isn't out of the woods yet. Ever hear of karma?

Hi Acarpe, it's me again. Would you mind explaining why you are happy to see pilots who have nothing to do with your little squabble lose their jobs?

Because, like any pilot who enjoys seeing other pilots lose their jobs, he's a jerkoff.....

Mistakes were made by Regional pilots.

Mistakes were made by Legacy/Mainline pilots.

Mistakes were made by non-union pilots.

Mistakes were made by ALPA pilots.

Didn't you're parents ever teach you that we are all human and everyone makes mistakes?

Didn't you're parents ever teach you that everyone makes decisions which they will later regret?

Hell, even a casual TV watcher knows the truth of "Live together, did alone.."

And we all know damn well that management understands the value of the ancient technique of "divide and conquer".

Many pilots are trying to take steps towards INCREASING unity. Sure, there is no shortage of bad blood from bad decisions made in the past. A lot of the folks (not all) responsible are already retired and gone. There is movement now to try to build unity within some brands across pilot groups. ALPA is even at least beginning to take steps to establish cooperation between pilot groups.

It's time to put the past behind us and work together to save our future. Otherwise it will only be the management groups that continue to obscenely profit from all of this mess we are in.

It's time to grow up again and start working together.

Yeah, I know, time to get off the soapbox...

Nope. It was all Comair. Sorry, but true. To the Comair junior guys on the board, I truly feel for your position. Hopefully, your pilots will take care of you as our pilots took care of our furloughed with regard to monetary and health care issues.

Delta pilots played their part fine. They were willing to expend negotiating capital on flow through agreements with our wholly owneds. Your senior, however, wanted more than Delta pilots were willing to give. They wanted our seats, and overplayed their hand with regard to making a power play. On your way out the door that they are holding open for you from back in the early part of the decade, you might take a moment to poo in their flight case.

All Delta pilots realize that these furloughees were not the ones responsible, and it is really too bad that it has to be this way.

Perhaps Compass might be a good place to relocate, as there will be good relations and flow agreements in place.

My sincere condolences to you, if indeed the furlough materializes.

... doesn't this belong in the Regional area.

That depends on the motive of the thread starter. If his purpose was to was whack a hornets' nest the Majors board would be the perfect place for it. It would appear that he has succeeded admirably.

Strangely enough, I feel like it was all Delta. Like the ones I remember heckling us while we were walking on the picket lines. Of course, I'm sure you're one of the 4000 Delta guys who claims he brought pizza and coffee over to our strike center, or walked the line with us. Funny thing is, I was there probably 75 of the 89 days, and the only guest-walkers I recall had a photographer with them. As for bringing food and drinks, that did indeed happen...about 4 times I was there, and it was greatly appreciated. There are clearly tons of awesome Delta guys. But guys like A"crap"e who delight in others' misfortune aren't one of them.

Nope. It was all Comair. Sorry, but true. To the Comair junior guys on the board, I truly feel for your position. Hopefully, your pilots will take care of you as our pilots took care of our furloughed with regard to monetary and health care issues.

Delta pilots played their part fine. They were willing to expend negotiating capital on flow through agreements with our wholly owneds. Your senior, however, wanted more than Delta pilots were willing to give. They wanted our seats, and overplayed their hand with regard to making a power play. On your way out the door that they are holding open for you from back in the early part of the decade, you might take a moment to poo in their flight case.

All Delta pilots realize that these furloughees were not the ones responsible, and it is really too bad that it has to be this way.

Perhaps Compass might be a good place to relocate, as there will be good relations and flow agreements in place.

My sincere condolences to you, if indeed the furlough materializes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back