• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair exit poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The boys on Virginia Ave must be pi$$ing themselves over this one. First they get the mighty Comair pilots to give back and as a bonus they split the unity between Comair and ASA. I'm sure Fred will get a nice bonus if this thing passes.

surplus1 said:
How many of you are prepared to fall on your swords to give our junior pilots preferential hiring at your airline if they should be furloughed in the future? Can we depend on you to protect them or should we do it ourselves?

You mean how the CMR pilots offered preferential hiring to DAL furloughees after 9/11? I'd be willing to help out as much as was offered to us!

737 Pylt said:
You mean how the CMR pilots offered preferential hiring to DAL furloughees after 9/11? I'd be willing to help out as much as was offered to us!

Not really. The truth is, with respect to this, I never considered the DAL pilots at all.

The only thing you got from us was a dose of what you gave to us. You found it less that palatable; well, when we tasted your potion we did too. You have reaped exactly what you sowed and yes, YOU started the sowing not us.

In reality I don't know any of us who thought that any of you owed us anything. Apparently all of you thought that all of us owed you something. You were mistaken. Sorry for the misunderstanding on your part.

Friends if you want to be, no problem if you don't.

Thank you Comair for the mortal precedent. Dangle a shiny new jet in front of pilots = automatic givebacks. I suppose we ASA folks have nothing to aspire to, since you gave it all away. All that hold the line b.s. for nothing. This industry sucks.

doh said:
av8tor4239,

I will be watching closely! I know you will surpass our contract by leaps and bounds! If you don't, I will rag you to death!!!:D

The problem with that statement is simple. Mid Atlantic is flying 70 seaters for $58/hour, Skywest agreed to fly anything up to 100 seats for 50 seat rates, and now CMR freezes their pay to buy Fred some airplanes. The ASA pilots could have already signed a contract if we wanted to agree to managements $hitty offers, but we don't. But with all this downward pressure, the chances of a mediator looking at what the ASA pilots are looking for and agreeing that it is reasonable decreases. And a mediator doesn't have to release us if he thinks that we are asking for unreasonable things. If you can't figure out why the ASA pilots are a little upset ofer this then maybe you need to step back and look at it from our point of view.

atrdriver said:
The problem with that statement is simple. Mid Atlantic is flying 70 seaters for $58/hour, Skywest agreed to fly anything up to 100 seats for 50 seat rates, and now CMR freezes their pay to buy Fred some airplanes. The ASA pilots could have already signed a contract if we wanted to agree to managements $hitty offers, but we don't. But with all this downward pressure, the chances of a mediator looking at what the ASA pilots are looking for and agreeing that it is reasonable decreases. And a mediator doesn't have to release us if he thinks that we are asking for unreasonable things. If you can't figure out why the ASA pilots are a little upset o[v]er this then maybe you need to step back and look at it from our point of view.

And rightfully so.

Rationalization sucks.

Latest resources

Back