• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan - Teamsters NMB Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The teamsters drivers at UPS were going to honor the IPA picket line if the UPS pilots went on strike....

That is more of a reason NOT to go Teamsters and go IPA/(insert your own union name here). This is the problem with Local 747, you are treated like a real member if you are a truck driver than an airline pilot....VOTE ALPA !!!!!

I agree 100% and now its going to take sacrifice from us pilots to put the genie back in the bottle. But that wont ever happen with a hodge podge of union and non-union pilot groups.
How long has this utopian idea of ALPA representing every airline group been around? No disrespect to you, Nevets, but it boils down to alot of pilots talking the talk and not walking the walk. And for a number of very good reasons ranging from seniority and pay to attrition.

It's akin to the new college grad armed with all his book knowledge...first thing he's going to do when he graduates is grab the world by the balls...in theory, it works.

You're a one trick pony, Joey, and it's not even a very good trick. :rolleyes:
One trick pony? Look at yourself, man.
ALPA can do no wrong according to you.
If you wouldn't trust your career in the hands of another Union or the airline management. Why did you chose to go to a Non-ALPA airline?

How long has this utopian idea of ALPA representing every airline group been around? No disrespect to you, Nevets, but it boils down to alot of pilots talking the talk and not walking the walk. And for a number of very good reasons ranging from seniority and pay to attrition.

It's akin to the new college grad armed with all his book knowledge...first thing he's going to do when he graduates is grab the world by the balls...in theory, it works.

The theory is working for the Longshoremen.

The theory is working for the Longshoremen.
How many kids today are racking up thousands of dollars in debt to be trained as a longshoreman? How many spikey haired, back pack wearing newbies are working the docks? That's only where the differences start.

How many kids today are racking up thousands of dollars in debt to be trained as a longshoreman? How many spikey haired, back pack wearing newbies are working the docks? That's only where the differences start.

So your saying that the theory actually works and that some people need to have this communicated to them.

So your saying that the theory actually works and that some people need to have this communicated to them.
For the sake of this discussion; not in the airline world it doesn't work.

That is the $64 question, my friend.

Well, you first tell me that it only works in theory, so basically, don't even try. Then I point out the the theory is working with the Longshoreman. Then you say it wont work in the airline industry. So it seems to me that if the theory works but you say it wouldn't work in the airline industry, that you would have said that because you actually know why it wouldn't work in the airline industry. That is why I asked you. And that is why I even offered a probable solution, communication of the idea. But if you can only tell all of us what that is, we can all start working on fixing that.

So tell me, since you know it works for the Longshoreman but that it wouldn't work in the airline industry, why is that? In other words, why do you say the theory wont work in the airline industry? Or were you just making that up?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back