• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COEX losing 69 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with super, if you have nothing else brewing go for it... Best of luck in the interview.

"No we are going to be laughing when Mesa drills a mountain in Mexico."

"69 jets + Mesa = smoking hole in mexico."

Comments like these are IT for me...I'm done with this board. To say something like that, and admit that you'd actually laugh at the death of human beings...is sad. Actually, it's beyond sad...it's sick.

I'm outta here...this forum has reached levels of immaturity and inhumanity that I just don't want to be a part of anymore. Safe flying, and blue skies to all.

Earl Williams said:
"No we are going to be laughing when Mesa drills a mountain in Mexico."

"69 jets + Mesa = smoking hole in mexico."

Comments like these are IT for me...I'm done with this board. To say something like that, and admit that you'd actually laugh at the death of human beings...is sad. Actually, it's beyond sad...it's sick.

I'm outta here...this forum has reached levels of immaturity and inhumanity that I just don't want to be a part of anymore. Safe flying, and blue skies to all.
Well, look on the bright side. If it were a different industry and different era there'd be a lot more done to individuals who perpetuate the demise of a career than a few offensive comments.

If you go to work for a scum bag like JO and expect anything but animosity from your peers you're dreaming. There's a lot of careers (including your own, though I imagine you're too naive to know it) getting crushed so you can get your quick upgrade.

BluDevAv8r said:
Jumpseat wars get us nowhere fast...and if you really would laugh if 3 crew members and 50 passengers die in a plane crash (from whatever airline), then shame on you.

Lastly, do you really think that we are the only ones who can safely fly in Mexico? And if I remember correctly...we came very close to balling one up in SLW several years back.

-Neal

Neal...thanks for bringing this thread back to reality...with class of course. My best to you and all my former brothers and sisters at COEX. My jaw just about hit the floor when I read this news. Hopefully, the best case scenario plays out and opportunity knocks on XJT's door...makes me glad I'm in banking now.
Cheers :beer: ,
Markus

On Your Six said:
Watch Colgan enter the fray with Saab 2000s or Flyi's former CRJs. The regional airline death spiral continues...
Hahahahahahahahahaha! Whew, I haven't laughed that hard in many keystrokes. Colgan... RJs, that's classic. Oh, and we're getting the Saab 2000s in October, '05. What? It's nearly Jan 1? Oh, they must have them in the paint shop. YEAH!

Shy

Fly4hire said:
What does ALPA have to do with this? If CO decides to park aircraft they own or lease, Scope, a single list, etc. will not prevent job losses. They would simply be off he bottom of the combined list.

Correct. ALPA has nothing to do with this announcement.

Fly4hire said:
If XJT did not negotiate good Scope clause into thier contract, it's shame on their MEC and negotiating committee, not ALPA National.

I guess they were too busy looking at eroding the Scope of the mainlines to fly more "shiny new jets" than looking behind them.

Actually, the XJT Scope Clause is the best in the small jet industry and incorporates a lot of job protections. However, there was no chance whatsoever that the XJT MEC was ever going to be able to dictate and compel what feeder carrier CAL, Inc. would have to use for its small jet lift. That would be the mother of all scope clauses....and quite frankly, an impossible provision. How could the XJT MEC require that another company's management team use their airline for feed?

-Neal

Last edited:
Paladin said:
Neal...thanks for bringing this thread back to reality...with class of course. My best to you and all my former brothers and sisters at COEX. My jaw just about hit the floor when I read this news. Hopefully, the best case scenario plays out and opportunity knocks on XJT's door...makes me glad I'm in banking now.
Cheers :beer: ,
Markus

Is this the GSP Markus? Where are you in banking and doing what kind?

-Neal

ultrarunner said:
Ultimately, the decision for XJT to continue to operate for CAL will come down to XJT pilots. CAL already knows the rates continue to decline, and as previouly mentioned, there is always a carrier willing to do it for less.

So, the question XJT needs to ask themselves is "..how much less are you willing to fly for.."

If anything, I'd say the ball is completely in XJT's court. If you really want that flying, you'll need to lower your rate. And on a continuing basis as more planes come up for renegotiation.

I honestly dont think it's the hourly wages/soft time and etc. that are the problem. CAL has bought all of our seat until sometime in 2007. I think they're trying to get out from under that and pay us in some different fashion. Which would more than likely reduce our "guaranteed profit". I would also wager to guess that they(CAL) would like us to chip in more for gas.

Other things that may make us a tad more pricey is ACARS, elec. wt and bal, our own training center with three sims and maintenance hangars everywhere. These are nice to have and probably are the cause of running such an efficient "feeder".

So saying how much less are we willing to fly for to keep the exclusivity?? Bet around the board that it's none, because that's not the problem.

-Neal
Yeah...that's me...still lurking. Working for a credit union and working on yet another degree from FU. After 7 years I had enough of the transportation industry...marraige and a mortgage puts a lot in perspective. I can't begin to tell you how weird it is to wear a suit to work.

Latest resources

Back