• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CNBC reports US Air / United in merger talks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If US Airways changed its name to USair, would the list still be binding?

Of course.

The best way to think of it is that the award is binding on the pilots. Changing agents or corporate transactions will not change that reality. Whoever represents the pilots, in whichever corporation those pilots are employed, will be obliged utilize that list, even when constructing a new integrated list with another pilot group.

Of course, there's nothing that says that the two groups can't just say "fine, we'll accept the Nic, BUT, the new list will be based on DOH, so it doesn't matter". After all, a list is what you say it is, and the company could care less.

Given the relative DOH of the USAPA guys and the UAL guys, this very well could be an avenue they take.

Nu

Unless ALPA is removed from this property (highly unlikely in my opinion), the ALPA merger policy would be most influential.

DOH is not mentioned.

Your opinion and mine are moot unless the union or the policy changes.

WRONG!!!!!!!

ALPA Merger policy would have NOTHING to do with it. McCaskill/Bond would govern, as both companies have 'different unions'!!!!! ALPA merger policy only prevails 'IF' Both carriers (companies) are represented by ALPA, GOT IT!!!

McCaskill/Bond is 'new' and has never been 'tested' calls for both parties to get together and try to come to agreement, then provides for mediation/arbitration with the 'guidelines' of Allegheny/Mohawh LPP. And, since it has Never been 'tested' no one knows for sure how it will play out. But, even though Allegheny/Mohawk LPP does not mention 'DOH' an arguement can be made that pretty much ALL 'past mergers' that were conducted on A/M LPPs were done by DOH.

Side note; IF SWA had bought/merged with Frontier, McCaskill/Bond would have 'governed' and that is why SWA did not want a deal 'unless' there was a prior deal on seniority, as they did not want to test 'McCaskil/Bond'

I seriously doubt if this deal will ever happen, but it Definitely will NOT happen unless the 'pilots' (ALL groups) are onboard, e.g. (Delta/NWA), as that deal almost fell apart because at first there was not a deal with the pilot groups.

For what it worth.

PD

Where do you guys get "UAL pilots think they get DOH"??

I don't know ANY UAL pilots (other than a couple blowhards on this forum) that think DOH is fair, equitable or desirable.

If you think that the majority of UAL pilots would be in lockstep with the Easties, you've been smoking crack.

It's the crack. Every single United pilot I know hates easties and thinks ucrapa is a joke

Ual pilots will burn down the house unless they get a contract with significant pay increases (DAL rates?) and pre-negotiated seniority. Tilton can press ahead without their support at his own risk and watch the "Summer of 2000" play out again and no one, not CAL or Airways, will want to conclude a deal in the resultant turmoil. Airways pilots will probably turn against the deal anyway because UAL Captains aren't going to give their seats to the Angry FO Club any more than Nic. though the AWA pilots should have. In the end every one except Parker and Tilton will hate this deal and it will die a quick death and send UAL into the arms of CAL.

27182_353852779676_611734676_3917708_6569144_n.jpg

Throw out the nic, ALPA would probably be back ,though I would not vote for them. Their new policy uses longevity/DOH press on with life.

Actually longevity (current relative seniority) and DOH are just two areas to include in any SLI. They are not to be the only one, or the final deciding factor. Just one of many. This change would most likely not have made major changes in the USAir/AWA SLI / Nicoli Award.

Just my opinion......

FNG

Latest resources

Back