• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CNBC reports US Air / United in merger talks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Folks, all of this is media speculation....so careful how much energy you spend on it...A merger probably will happen in the end but we just don't know with who yet.

UAL is now back with US pilots about DOH. Its been a long time coming. This thing is going down and the merged seniority lists (all three) will be DOH with fences, exactly what the real US pilots declared all along that was fair. Now the west kids will have to get in the back of the line where they belong, if they are even part of this merger. Phenix has nothing of value to anyone, except the flip flop crowd on Soutworst.

That is wrong. Call your merger rep and get briefed as to the new policy.

But since UAL pilots do indeed think they get DOH, I wonder how they're feeling now since US is more or less a very senior airline now, isn' it?.

East coast seniority does not worry me. Look how old they are. Most of them would not be players in the end. It's the younger AWA pilots who like to talk about thier relative seniority and have no problem jumping over the older pilots that have more longevity that bother me. As far as I am concerned DOH is still the way to go. So as to answer your question, this UAL pilot still advocates DOH even with the east.

East coast seniority does not worry me. Look how old they are. Most of them would not be players in the end. It's the younger AWA pilots who like to talk about thier relative seniority and have no problem jumping over the older pilots that have more longevity that bother me. As far as I am concerned DOH is still the way to go. So as to answer your question, this UAL pilot still advocates DOH even with the east.

Brilliant minds think allike!

I don't understand the merger with USair. What does USair have in there route structure that is so desirable to United? It's not the USair international flying. How does this improve United?

I don't understand the merger with USair. What does USair have in there route structure that is so desirable to United? It's not the USair international flying. How does this improve United?

It doesn't! I just gives Tilton an CO what they want. Hight priced stock options and a big payday.

Their new policy uses longevity/DOH press on with life.

Once again, the true weakness of ALPA is displayed...the uneducated pilot who only listens to rumor, innuendo, wants to be spoon-fed every tidbit of information on an ongoing basis, jumps to conclusions based on a speed-read interpretation of legal text, and is to f!#$%in' lazy to do some actual research.

:rolleyes:

Oh well......at least UAL is now very much in favor of DOH, so the absolutely ill-conceived, irrational, inane NIC will be placed in a coffin like it should have been upon its first viewing.

Actually, the Nicolau award will be the LCC seniority list in any negotiation or arbitration. The UAL seniority list and the Nicolau list will be integrated if there is a merger. The coffin will be for USAPA.

Once again, the true weakness of ALPA is displayed...the uneducated pilot who only listens to rumor, innuendo, wants to be spoon-fed every tidbit of information on an ongoing basis, jumps to conclusions based on a speed-read interpretation of legal text, and is to f!#$%in' lazy to do some actual research.

:rolleyes:

OH ALPA has so many more weaknesses than me. That could be an entire website all on it's own. I do believe though that longevity has been put back into the ALPA merger policy.

That being said both carriers here are not ALPA so maybe we wouldn't be handcuffed by it anyway. I still think DOH/Longevity is the way to go.

This will drive CAL and United together. Just watch and see how it plays out.

Dougie will be left holding the bag again. I think he really does need to go into the night club business.

Latest resources

Back