CNBC reports US Air / United in merger talks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
????

Your links are from 2008...what's your point?

My Point,... Same B$, Different Day (YEAR)...You know how many times this B$ came up through my years (12) associated with that place...A Gazzilion, it's all about Management making their Millions and who cares if it will ever work out (The current Situation is a prime example!)

OR... Dougie is trying to drive the price of the stock up to settle his Bar Tab...You decide!

Later,
KBB

This is a head fake to force CAL in to the game.

Just because a US/UAL merger sounds so stupid to make it almost unplausible doesn't make it untrue. I think that's why so many are convinced that this is nothing more than a ploy. It sounds absurd but these are the two guys who've been screaming "merger" more often and louder than anyone else for a very long time. I think they're serious!

Structurally, US Airways will likely be the buyer however United will likely run the new company, adds Sorkin. Terms have not been set.

This will all be very interesting!:pimp:

Last edited:
Structurally, US Airways will likely be the buyer however United will likely run the new company, adds Sorkin. Terms have not been set.

This will all be very interesting!:pimp:

Right, and the structure is designed to obliterate an ALPA-negotiated provision in LOA 93 for a snap back to 2002 wages (remember 2002??)

So watch ALPA (UAL ALPA) support that obliteration. A circumvention of its own contract language!!! ALPA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well......at least UAL is now very much in favor of DOH, so the absolutely ill-conceived, irrational, inane NIC will be placed in a coffin like it should have been upon its first viewing.

BC

(Who did the 517 work for?!?!?!?.....must have been some other carrier who's pilots had superior career expectations!!!)

Latest resources

Back