Cleaning cabins on jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kid Charlemagne said:
Well, I'm no rocket scientist but last Spring when oil dipped back down into the mid 40's even I knew that was the time to massively load up on fuel hedges like there was no tomorrow. I said so repeatedly at the time.

I knew the forecasts some idiots were putting out that the "oil Bubble" was over and prices were heading to under $30 again were just so much rubbish.

Well why the he11 aren't you running our company??? It seems as though your magic eight ball is working, so at least lend it to our management!

As for offline jumpseaters cleaning the cabin...I make it a point now to include this issue as part of the crew briefing. Offline jumpseaters are not to clean the cabin, period. All the F/A's at JB were sent an email regarding this and most have, suprisingly enough, read it.

Cheers!

GP

Hey JB Guys,

Chill, no one is ragging on you for cleaning the cabin, or not paying for your airplanes etc, etc..... This subject was OAL jumpseaters getting asked to clean the cabin. End of topic. You all are very gracious with your jumpseat and it is appreciated, but let's leave it at that. This is not a JB bashing thread or does it need to become one.

As companies grow in size everyone has the small 1% to 2% that sometimes have their own agenda, or take it upon themselves to see things "a different way". It seems you are taking care of the problem internally. Good for you, and thanks for the ride. As Forest said " That's all I got to say about that".

AA

AAflyer said:
Hey JB Guys,

Chill, no one is ragging on you for cleaning the cabin, or not paying for your airplanes etc, etc..... This subject was OAL jumpseaters getting asked to clean the cabin. End of topic. You all are very gracious with your jumpseat and it is appreciated, but let's leave it at that. This is not a JB bashing thread or does it need to become one.

As companies grow in size everyone has the small 1% to 2% that sometimes have their own agenda, or take it upon themselves to see things "a different way". It seems you are taking care of the problem internally. Good for you, and thanks for the ride. As Forest said " That's all I got to say about that".

AA

Thank you AAflyer for a VERY professional comment.

I do not mind cleaning the cabins, it is when I am forced to dump the lavs that raises my blood pressure.

I thought airline hired cleaners for dumping the lavs and cleaning the cabins.
The blue shower is a really crappy job.
Cheesey but I couldn't resist

I do not mind cleaning the cabins, it is when I am forced to dump the lavs that raises my blood pressure

I used to do that in college. Remember to jump out of the way when you pull the lever. Just in case the hose disconnects and you find yourself under a sh!t shower.

SWPA Pilot said:
why would they ask offline jumpseaters to clean the cabin?

:mad: It should never have happened. We had a handful of overzealous FA's who took it upon themselves to "suggest" to offline jumpseaters that it was expected that they help clean up in return for the "free ride". It isn't expected and never has been. In fact, if they'd read their mail they'd know that they are strictly forbidden to do any such thing to our guests. A few pushy broads didn't get the memo apparently, or decided that it didn't apply to them, and they made us all look bad.

So now we're saying that not only isn't it expected that you help out, we really don't want you to even if you volunteer. This isn't an attempt to turn away gratitude, but to keep more abuses like the above from happening again. I will personally bounce off the A/C any working FA who even hints at such a thing again. I am just disgusted.

Blue Dude said:
So now we're saying that not only isn't it expected that you help out, we really don't want you to even if you volunteer. This isn't an attempt to turn away gratitude, but to keep more abuses like the above from happening again. I will personally bounce off the A/C any working FA who even hints at such a thing again. I am just disgusted.

Well said!!

Latest resources

Back