Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ground crew from Chiang Rai, slow PPL student

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Narong_CEI

New member
Joined
Oct 8, 2026
Posts
1
Hello from Chiang Rai in the north of Thailand. I've worked ground operations at Mae Fah Luang airport (VTCT) for about twelve years, mostly turnarounds for the domestic A320s and ATRs, so I've spent a long time looking up at aircraft and not much time flying them.

Two years ago I finally started a PPL. Progress is slow: one lesson a month if I'm lucky, because of shift work and because March and April here are full of smoke from field burning and visibility goes down to almost nothing. My instructor says I land better than I radio, which I'm choosing to take as a compliment.

I found this forum through the maintenance threads and stayed for the general aviation stories. Looking forward to learning from people who have done this much longer than me.
 
Welcome to the group. What aircraft are you using for your initial training?

Once a month is not frequent enough to make reasonable progress. You should be aiming for at least once a week.
 
Welcome aboard, Narong. Your dedication and will to stick with your training this long will see you through to success. It is certainly true that more frequent training sessions would accelerate learning, but finances, aircraft and instructor availability, and weather often dictate the pace of the task. You obviously have a passion for airplanes and flying them.
 

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom