Cleaning cabins on jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roadrunnerblue

We have finally made name for ourselves in the industry by our flight attendants harassing off line jump seaters about cleaning the cabin after landing. Personally I have seen this happen myself. Has anybody had any problems either yourselves or your off line jumpp seaters?

Stop Rabble-rousing

a) stop stirring sht up

b) I wish every airline was as good to ALL jumpseaters as we are. If everyone took jumpseaters as readily (FAs and pilots) as B6 did, most of us wouldn't sweat out getting to work like we do.

c) one (okay, I'll give you a few) FAs don't act right and it is dealt with swiftly and with the correct level of guidance from the jumpseat cmt.

the system worked.

Next gripe.....

Well hell it's been at least a week since someone brought up the cabin cleaning issue, so why not? Bet this thread is 5 pages deep by this time tomorrow.

Yeah, and your E-190 pay sucks, too... :p TC

I was jumpseating on a US Airways flight a few weeks ago and was surprised to see the entire crew cleaning the cabin after the flight. When I asked the captain what happened to the cleaning crews, he said they went away this past spring except for transcons and redeye flights.

Mike

roadrunnerblue said:
We have finally made name for ourselves in the industry by our flight attendants harassing off line jump seaters about cleaning the cabin after landing. Personally I have seen this happen myself. Has anybody had any problems either yourselves or your off line jumpp seaters?

RRB,

Yes, this was an unfortunate situation.

As you know, word from the top is that no jumpseater will be required, nor allowed to clean the cabin. That is something we do internally. Let's not allow a few flight attendants ruin our reciprocal agreements.

So JB jumpseaters, on arrival at the destination, a quick "thank you for the ride" is appreciated as you leave. Please don't feel you have to don the blue gloves.

For those of you who usually help out on your own, we appreciate that, but our management has asked us to respectfully decline your offer. You have enough on your mind already, just trying to get to work.

DW

Well, we don't pay for the airplanes either..............

In all seriousness though, word from the top, is that while we appreciate the help, OAL jumpseaters are requested NOT to clean.
Some JB F/A's got the very wrong idea and we are working hard to put a stop to it.

So again, when arriving at destination, just leave the aircraft. If you are given any attitude, bring it to the attention of the pilots.

Blue Dude said:
Well hell it's been at least a week since someone brought up the cabin cleaning issue, so why not? Bet this thread is 5 pages deep by this time tomorrow.

Wait til the earnings for 3rd and 4th quarters come out and its announced officially that we dont make money.

There will be pages and pages of glee.

ps thank god we dont pay for fuel.

zkmayo said:
Wait til the earnings for 3rd and 4th quarters come out and its announced officially that we dont make money.

There will be pages and pages of glee.

ps thank god we dont pay for fuel.

I think just treading water in this environment is an accomplishment!

BTW, I haven't heard anything about more fuel hedges in place. That disappoints me. I thought the top guys were supposed to be so smart. Well, I'm no rocket scientist but last Spring when oil dipped back down into the mid 40's even I knew that was the time to massively load up on fuel hedges like there was no tomorrow. I said so repeatedly at the time.

I knew the forecasts some idiots were putting out that the "oil Bubble" was over and prices were heading to under $30 again were just so much rubbish.

If JBLU top managment fell for that malarky, then I am very disappointed. And with oil perched in the high 60's and in no hurry to come down anytime soon, we will all pay the price....

I remember hearing the CFO say in the 2nd Quarter webcast that JB had purchased some type of catastrophic fuel insurance around $55/bbl. Maybe its time to put that into action. Anybody else know more about it?

Kid Char-- I agree with you, treading water is very good. What's hard on JB right now is got to be excruciating for many others.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back