• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cleaning cabins on jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i had a FA shove gloves in my face the day that memo came out...i had not read it....being new at JB and a little shocked i did help, i was working crew...i was going to do it anyway.....but after that i wont help unless NOT told/intimidated/strongly,uncomfortably suggested! it is not a requirement for pilots to help but a nice thing to do if we have time. which i am happy to do the 95% of the time i have time!

gee i only have 4 years and 9 months left on my contract!!!!!!

Pilotbob3 said:
i had a FA shove gloves in my face the day that memo came out...i had not read it....being new at JB and a little shocked i did help, i was working crew...i was going to do it anyway.....but after that i wont help unless NOT told/intimidated/strongly,uncomfortably suggested! it is not a requirement for pilots to help but a nice thing to do if we have time. which i am happy to do the 95% of the time i have time!

AHHHH, the REAL Jetblue! I'll take my E-jet time somewhere else, thank you!

Pilotbob3 said:

The next time they do that....just leave. They'll get the point. BTW It is in their manual, down to what seats they should clean.

Pilotbob3 said:

You can terminate your contract any time ....

Sundown
"The next time they do that....just leave. They'll get the point. BTW It is in their manual, down to what seats they should clean."

You are absolutly correct. Be sure to let that FA know that as pilots we are responsible to perform our own duties first then we may help with their cabin prep duties.

I like most JB pilots are happy to assist.

Give me a break guys, we have all had nasty flight attendants give jumpseaters a hard time. At least B6 mgt came out with a memo.

Booster said:
You can terminate your contract any time ....

hey Booster...lighten up francis.....if you read the whole thread.....you will notice that my contract statement is more sarcasm directed towards those who dont' work at JB who have a problem with such things such as signing contracts, helping clean cabins, how we pay for the airplanes...etc.....

also if you read my previous post in its entirety, you will see that i stated that I am happy to help in the back. i just won't be intimidated in doing so.

E170Guppykiller said:

Please do! btw...where are you going to take it? no sense in coming to JB with 100 aircraft firm and 100 options after that! 1st airplane isn't even here yet. good decision.

E170Guppykiller said:

Yeeaaah.....why don't you call us back when you at least get an ATP and a few thousand hours of PIC turbine before you make such a bold statement.

To any jumpseaters that were ever put in a compromising position of helping the FAs - please except our sincere apologies, it never should have happened. A lot of us were disgusted over it.

Latest resources

Back