• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationShares Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What if you plan to move closer to a base if you get the job? Iis that adequate to begin employment. Also is the 1 week of vacation going to be changing?

THX

I don't quite understand.....I've got about 3200 hours, CE-500 type, about 1000 hours in the airplane, 700 PIC in the airplane, about 2000 multi, 1800 jet, and about 7 years of corporate experience. I been sending them resumes for the past 2 to 3 months, and can't get them to fart in my general direction. Am I underqualified or something? What else do I need to be doing? Thx!

I have heard from several people that the 700 letter essay you write is critical to make yourself stand out. Also be sure you are actually applying for the job. You have to fill out your profile but it is an entirely separate step to apply for the first officer position.

What if you plan to move closer to a base if you get the job? Iis that adequate to begin employment. Also is the 1 week of vacation going to be changing?

THX

I actually asked them about this. Their written policy is that they need proof of residency within 2 hours of base 2 weeks prior to your start date but they can fudge on this a little but no later than the day before your start date. If you have not moved before your start date they change it and eventually retract the offer.

INDOC and reality are very different at CS.
Enjoy the "Standby hours" sitting at the airport(New)
Give NJ serious consideration their contract is available to read online
Good ole boys(Koolaid servers and drinkers) get the promotions
management support and processes are weak

Trash, I was in HPN a few weeks ago and I heard a few CS guys talking and bitching about some new rumors. They were saying that you guys will be required to wear an airline like hat which will have yellow wings and the letters "CS" will be molded in the middle of the wings. They showed me the picture of the hat online and I guess they were a bit upset that these hats will come with chin straps as well. Guess they will hold better when its windy outside.

I also heard that these new hats will come with a free set of knee pads.

couldn't agree with you more. this place really has changed. i heard we just had a class of 19 start and only 12 showed up. people are leaving left and right. mgt is drinking their own koolaid and can't see that the pilots have had enough.

You are on the clock during the new standby hours arn't you?

Yes we are on duty during standby.

WRT the INDOC Class.

I heard they hired 25, 17 scheduled, 10 showed even with reduced qualifications.

Latest resources

Back