• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFII Before CFI ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I could not find anything that would not allow someone to do this but i am not sure you could find an examiner to do it

I could not find anything that would not allow someone to do this but i am not sure you could find an examiner to do it

Regulations tend to say what you can't do, not what you can. Show me where it says you can't, part 61 is clear on what the requirements are for each ride. In regards to the DPE, maybe so but the FAA will give you a free checkride and most FSDO's require your initial to be with them anyways.

May people get their CFI-I first. It may be done by the FSDO or a DPE. It is just that if this is an initial CFI issuance, then most FSDO's require that ride to be done with an inspector and not a DPE. However, if the FSDO can not schedule the ride fairly soon for whatever reason, then they may allow you to go to a DPE authorized for initial flight instructor issuances.

I got my II first, I second, MEI last.

I have a good friend who got his MEI, II, then I. I actually think he got his II in an ME ac.

Anything is possable.

Got my CFII first then CFI a week later.

Seems like it would make things a little easier because the examiner is pretending to be a private pilot not a student pilot like on the CFI checkride. Get your cfii first with the FAA and do the cfi as an addon with a dpe.

Seems like it would make things a little easier because the examiner is pretending to be a private pilot not a student pilot like on the CFI checkride. Get your cfii first with the FAA and do the cfi as an addon with a dpe.
...and this is the mindset that makes it wrong. It would be ok if the cfi-airplane add-on was just like the all-day affair with the faa, but it's not, and so we end up with a bunch of double-eye and emmy-eye wizards, but no airplane wizards....

Latest resources

Back