• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CastofThousands

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can see that you did not pass debate class in school.

You leave out the management responsibility part of the equation all together. Management has to also agree to a union contract. They sign off on it just as the pilot union does.

Also, are you telling me that other types of business aren't affected by the economy?

If I had to guess I'd say you are exactly the type of micro managment person to ruin a perfectly good company.

That's funny you should see it that way. You seem to be the kind of union monger that would prefer to see the company fold if your personal greed can't be met and put everybody out of work rather than have the company be a productive part of the community.

I guess we have difference of opinion. All I know is that the non-union fracs keep chugging along and the union frac has lost millions of dollars and hundreds of jobs.

The bottom of the seniority list is unemployed, the top is making huge paychecks as they keep their jobs. Union protection? I don't think so.

I'll take my non-union way of life.

How much PROFIT did your non-union carrier report for last year?

Have not missed a profit sharing check since I got out of companies with unions. No profit, no profit sharing check. All the union companies I worked for had profit sharing programs. I never once got a profit sharing check (pilots refused the check in the contract) and continually watched as bankruptcy seemed to always be looming because there was always union turmoil.

Last edited:
True dat, BF. The only companies that have a union are the ones that deserve it. If management would only treat their workforce fairly, there would be no catalyst for organizing. After working for many non-union companies and one union company, I felt much better in the union. Management is always an organized unit when it comes to employee relations. It only makes sense for pilots to have a unified voice also. The challenge for the unions is to operate in such a way that they reasonably protect employees from management without incurring necessary costs to the company. I was fortunate to work in an atmosphere in which those principles applied.

Right now, 1108 is actively trying to unionize just about every fractional out there whether they want it or not.

Please don't go saying that only companies that have a union deserve one, because of the ongoing active recruitment.

Also, it's a business. That's all unions are. They will take your money, promise you the world and not deliver the protection they offer in the end.

All the proof of this in the world is happening right now with the T/A at FLOPS and the furloughed pilots at NJ while the non-union fracs just keep chugging along. Need I say more?

only you can change it.

so what your saying is the pilots are to take it up the ass when management cant manage?

no wonder you get a union.

Broke, I am not in a union carrier. Being smarter than all of you, I made the choice to not let anybody speak for me or my career.

There is nothing I have to do anymore in regards to a union.. I escaped...

Broke, I am not in a union carrier. Being smarter than all of you, I made the choice to not let anybody speak for me or my career.

There is nothing I have to do anymore in regards to a union.. I escaped...

you're not smarter than me, I helped to write part 91k remember. I was a chief pilot at NW several years ago.

You are smart, but you have a loooooong way to go before you can claim to be near my intelligence level kid.

keep trying though, that is what will make you better some day.

but anyway, remember, only YOU can change things. You constantly complain about union but you dont do anything about it. Only YOU can change it.

think about it. Like i told skanza(he dont get it either) if i just give you the answer than you really didnt leanr anything.

think about it.

B19

You are so dumb that you are not even FUN to argue with!

Last I checked nearly every fractional has furloughed pilots. I guess you are too dumb to know that.

There is a difference between leaving an "o" off a word because I'm still jet lagged and using a complete word twice with a different meaning. I'll admit to my error, I was wrong. I still would prefer he not program an FMS with me in the back.

Well I wouldn't want you setting my altitude alerter. Ever hear the story of the crew who left off an "o"? They went down in the everglades.

Latest resources

Back