• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CastofThousands

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I knew I'd eventually make B19 mad enough to come out and play.

B19

You should know that I'm the one that has always said >> Cut the damn spending >> I'm also the one that said that IBB will put pilots on the street

I have always said that trimming the fat is necessary if we want to move forward.

I still see a lot of fat that needs to be cut by mid level management.

Spelling >> I'm a pilot and this isn't an official document. You are one of those micromagement type peeps that is so detailed with what you think but you still end up showing up at work without your shoes untied.

I knew I'd eventually make B19 mad enough to come out and play.

B19

You should know that I'm the one that has always said >> Cut the damn spending >> I'm also the one that said that IBB will put pilots on the street

I have always said that trimming the fat is necessary if we want to move forward.

I still see a lot of fat that needs to be cut by mid level management.

Spelling >> I'm a pilot and this isn't an official document. You are one of those micromagement type peeps that is so detailed with what you think but you still end up showing up at work without your shoes untied.

I hope you didn't equate my silence with "not coming out to play". I was in Europe and was a little to busy to enjoy myself on this forum.

The difference between "cutting waste" and being tied to a union contract is huge. Don't go mixing and matching the two, it's apples and oranges.

I hope you didn't equate my silence with "not coming out to play". I was in Europe and was a little to busy to enjoy myself on this forum.

The difference between "cutting waste" and being tied to a union contract is huge. Don't go mixing and matching the two, it's apples and oranges.

Its time for you to get smart B19.

A contract gives the company a "Fixed Cost". Meaning the company knows exactly what their employee pay is gonna be for any given period of time. They Ok'd the contract and they approved it.

It is also their job to quit spending money like drunken sailors. (this is something that we as a pilot group have no control over).

Looks like the ball is on the company's side of the court to me.

I bet you were enjoying yourself in Europe. Where did you go? France?

...After ripping a guy for a third grade spelling mistake...

NJA strategy

But just because the economy improves, it does not mean you will automatically go back to where you were. Beware of those who are making better mousetraps - and I would not count on all who left to return when they return to private aviation. Sitting on one's laurels is not a good marketing strategy. The market and the competition has changed. Henry Ford used to say you can have any color car you want as long as it is black. That has been NJA's marketing strategy. It worked well for many years for Ford, but did not work forever.

To paraphrase Bill Parcells, just because you hike the whole mountain and make it to the Super Bowl (and win or lose), you start the next season at the bottom of the mountain again. You do not start where you left off.

...After ripping a guy for a third grade spelling mistake...

There is a difference between leaving an "o" off a word because I'm still jet lagged and using a complete word twice with a different meaning. I'll admit to my error, I was wrong. I still would prefer he not program an FMS with me in the back.

Latest resources

Back