• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Career after washing out of 121 training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I look at my trainees as my customer, and if they are unsuccessful, then I have failed, not them...sounds like Eagle just lost a good pilot...someone will be lucky to have you in their flight deck in the future..

Dude,

Do your best to steer clear of the airline industry. There are plenty of good non-121 jobs out there. Flying freight could be a good start to continue to build some time. I would look for a target number (maybe 2000 hours) and then start to apply to the fractionals and "reputable" 135 operators.

There are new operators popping up all the time (some good and some bad) but you can get some great experience. Here's an example that popped up on my radar recently:

http://www.jetsuite.com/index.php

I agree that things happen for a reason. I fly the ERJ for a regional and I am trying to get out. Keep your head up and try again...

Good luck!

You suck. Go to McDonalds. Just kidding! A washout in today's desperate market is not the kiss of death that it used to be. That being said, get some training before going to another airline or even an interview. The interviewer is going to "go after you" over the washout and you'd better be able to convince them that it won't happen at their airline too.
The guy who recommended flytheline.com and Lori Clark was on the money. Not just Lori, but her staff, all of whom are airline pilots, know their stuff and how to get you through this. They aint cheap, but in your position, consider it an investment in your career. It would be money well spent. Good luck.

No Worries

I know you are in a stressful place right now, but you're going to be just fine. All this means is that you're human. Stay focused and keep trying if you are really passionate about flying. You will always get a second chance. Someday when you are interviewing at a major you will have a great story about how you overcame adversity early in your career.

Lots of good advise here but the main thing I would stress after 30 years is Your Scan... make sure its more than up to snuff..

Great stuff on this thread!

I went from single seat military to the 747-400 and almost washed out. (Needed 3 checkrides to get me through.) I found I was focused way too much on studying the company policys and systems and not enough on the actual day to day line flying.
I went to www.precisionmanuals.com, downloaded my aircraft, and went through flows and normal flight procedures many times a day for a week. It got my focus back on the meat and potatoes of flying, which is what checkers are looking for.

Don't give up if aviation is your passion. Get some more experience then focus on what's important.

it would appear that many of the guys here would be the ones you'd want to fly on the line with.
this is that bump in the road some like to call it. the fact is we have all had one. tom brady can throw an interception. look at the story of Eli manning last year. They tried to run him out of town and now he is the star of the greatest play in superbowl history. and the game winner.

the point is this is small potatoes for you. just like a stall recovery , Max power, hold atlitude and clean up .... and go forward. learn from this because failure is a great teacher. no one in life that accomplished anything didn't fail many times...

you'll the love the story of these guys. IN 1953 Rockland chemical tried to create a rust preventive chemical for the aerospace industry. After 40 attempts, it succeeded...WD40 stands for water displacement 40th attempt..

so start smiling and get back out there and go for it...

Your instructor probably sucked.

Awwwww, there is so much love in the air. You suck and should go work at McD's. There are plenty of qualified pilots who do not fail punk azz regional training who are or will be out of a job for reasons they have nothing to do with. Yeah, I said it. So what?

CoolsidePillow,

You have a bad and selfish character (probably a bad moral charachter too, usually goes hand in hand). That makes you a blow to man kind, with that attitude that you have it is just a matter of time before things don't work out for ya! Hope to never have to fly with a punk azz like YOU!

Latest resources

Back